I had a chance to a/b a 65 Deluxe RI and the Vibrolux cutom on Saturday

Mikeo

• Members

had a chance to a/b a 65 Deluxe RI and the Vibrolux cutom on Saturday

Here's my results, and I did like em both

The deluxe was a bit warmer in tone, this may be because of the tube rectifier and the 12 inch speaker. A bit less compressed too.

I really liked the silk screened washers on the input jack, they don't even put the real washers on em any more, but silk screen em on.

The vibrolux was loud and got very load very quickly, it also has a very high gain on the input and distorted out much faster than I thought ot would. I think one might have a difficult time getting a nice clean jazzy tone on this amp. The sound was also slightly more compressed.

Before I make a final decision on either amp, I'm goning back and try em once again. I have many amps to play now including a 23 year old twin.

I would also like to run em both with some effects, icluding a Fulltine Full drive 2.

The deluxe had plenty of power to play any gig with a mic and the vibrolux custom is way more than I would ever need.

I think as far as quailty, the Vibrolux is probably built nicer, but this I can not cinfirm at all, both are built on a pc board, and I was wondering it the vol, tone and all post are directly mounted to the board on both amp.

I still don't know, but I think both amps are USA built now, and not made in Mexico.

Archived