Buy a Bogner Straight Cab and put Weber C1230-55 in them.

jcourtjr

• Members

I tried reaming out the holes in my headstock with a rat tail file so I could fit those new tuners in. Turns out that the posts on the new tuners are about 1/8" too short - just enough so you can't wind the string underneath itself. I can't believe I overlooked that. Fortunately I only did it to one string post hole and nothing got fucked up.

Another tall glass of experience down the old hatch. :idea:

• Members

Originally posted by Towelie v2.0

I tried reaming out the holes in my headstock with a rat tail file so I could fit those new tuners in. Turns out that the posts on the new tuners are about 1/8" too short - just enough so you can't wind the string underneath itself. I can't believe I overlooked that. Fortunately I only did it to one string post hole and nothing got fucked up.

Another tall glass of experience down the old hatch.
:idea:

What???:confused:

• Members

Did you do this, want to do this, or is this just some running joke/debate?

I ask because I'm interested... I've been looking for some opinions on the Webers and if I get another job soon, I'm looking in the Bogner cab ballpark.

Any info?

• Members

Lets put it this way. the weber c1230-55s have a lot more bass than im used to. it also has no sharp shrillness to it. I have a 50 Watt Lead Marshall that i put a .68uf cap over a resisitor (some plexis have it) and it injects some more gain and some upper mids. Right now its everything i ever wanted in an amp rig. Classic marshall. The bogner cab was modeled after an old late 60s marshall 4x12 right?

• Members

Originally posted by jcourtjr

Lets put it this way. the weber c1230-55s have a lot more bass than im used to. it also has no sharp shrillness to it. I have a 50 Watt Lead Marshall that i put a .68uf cap over a resisitor (some plexis have it) and it injects some more gain and some upper mids. Right now its everything i ever wanted in an amp rig. Classic marshall. The bogner cab was modeled after an old late 60s marshall 4x12 right?

the only thing i think i would try in this combo is the weber c1230 speakers with the 75hz cone. i may try 2 in an x pattern with what i have. but right now i can believe my ears!~

• Members

the only thing i think i would try in this combo is the weber c1230 speakers with the 75hz cone. i may try 2 in an x pattern with what i have. but right now i can believe my ears!~

You talk to yourself a lot?

• Members

Awesome, thanks for the info man. How'd you order the doping and all the other options I've seen on his page? Is it probably better to order over the phone I'm guessing?

Also, do you have anymore info on that Marshall mod? Links?

• Members

Originally posted by StevieRaveOn

Awesome, thanks for the info man. How'd you order the doping and all the other options I've seen on his page? Is it probably better to order over the phone I'm guessing?

Also, do you have anymore info on that Marshall mod? Links?

I ordered light doping. They dont seem to respond to email so I would order over the phone. Im really gassing to hear what the 75hz cones sound like. I might just stay with what i got though.

http://www.obsoleteelectronics.com/Marshall_Tech/marshall_tech.htm

look under 2ND STAGE Rk. Otherwise im pretty much stock as lead amp would comeout in 1974.

• Members

Originally posted by ColorsoundKid

They are awesome speakers. No one really talks about them, though.

The fact that most of the Webers are ~$100/piece and made in the USA... I couldn't let myself pass them up if I could get some decent reviews of them. That's been the hard part. Especially to get them here from people's tone opinions I have a decent idea of. Bouncing to the board on his site doesn't lend the same kind of info.

Archived