Next best to Mesa Boogie?

Petrucci_is_God

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Originally posted by Petrucci_is_God

Not an aversion, its just that i live in Cork, Ireland, and theres only 3 music shops and they all suck, and ebay is too much trouble to go buyin heavy goods...

Just hang around more here and you sure find a forumite that will send ya some stuff from the States. It will be cool and safe, there are a bunch of honest and helpful guys here . . . i'm talking from Brazil and have done some successfull deals with some fellas here :thu:

OR you can always try some european amps . . . you can get some very cool ENGLs or DIEZELs there (hey, just spend 100EUR on an europass and take a train to Germany ;) )

• Members
Originally posted by Vigo1999

Just hang around more here and you sure find a forumite that will send ya some stuff from the States. It will be cool and safe, there are a bunch ff honest and helpful guys here . . . i'm talking from Brazil and have done some succesfull deals with some fellas here
:thu:

OR you can always try some european amps . . . you can get some very cool ENGLs or DIEZELs there (hey, just spend 100EUR on an europass and take a train to Germany
;)
)

Train to Germany from ireland...
erm....

the man is right though. Try an Engl Screamer!

www.thomann.de

• Members
Originally posted by Vigo1999

tell that cause it's cheaper and way more enjoyable than a plane
;)

sure know that dont have a direct train from the "Island" to the continent
;)

This is true.
Believe it or not... Mesa stuff over here costs as much as a small car..
Diezel stuff requires a new morgage, and Engl don't do solos.

Europeans are screwed.

• Members
Originally posted by Drago

This is true.

Believe it or not... Mesa stuff over here costs as much as a small car..

Diezel stuff requires a new morgage, and Engl don't do solos.

Europeans are screwed.

yeah, same here with Mesas . . . but you still have the "customs form" option thing, ya know ;)

how Engls dont do solos :confused:

• Members

I play progressive metal like Dream Theater, Mesa Boogie would be ideal, but its a bit too much for me at the moment....what would be the stage below mesa boogie in terms of quality and price??

Sweet, you're from Cork! My mate's wife is from Cork!

BTW, I got a Boogie rack (Quad Preamp+395 power amp) for around

• Members

I play progressive metal like Dream Theater, Mesa Boogie would be ideal, but its a bit too much for me at the moment....what would be the stage below mesa boogie in terms of quality and price??

Hey, talk to the seller, maybe he ship her to you . . . fully loaded Mark III with the VOLTAGE SELECTOR !!!!! :eek: :eek: :thu:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7414616420&fromMakeTrack=true

• Members

Check out the Prog Metal work by Tommi Inkila and Scenery Channel (and listen out for the Petrucci influences!). Tommi uses an F-50 head into a Hughes & Kettner 4x12 cab. The F-50 is ridiculously loud, do not be concerned that it is underpowered - most owners have to consider ways of getting the volume under control. :thu:

Check out Tommi's music in his latest thread: :)
http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1241339

www.thomann.de do the F-50 head for

• Members

Mesa Mark III would be ideal for your price range, but Peavey 6505 (5150) would be your best shot. I think a lot of people think the Recto will give you this magical tone, but it has a voice, a raw midrangey growl, that is almost too prominent for most styles of music. The Mark III is more versatile and doesn't have that Recto voice.

The Peavey gives you all the gain, sustain and low end that the Mesa does and for much less money. But if you can afford it, Mesa Mark III or IV would be perfect in my opinion.

T.R.