Cliffs of Dover (butchered)...

CliffC8488

• Members

I saw that video of EJ doing it on youtube a couple days ago so decided to give it a learn. The guy is just ridiculously good. And makes it look effortless. I'd give my left nut to be able to play 1/10th that well.

CC

• Members
Originally posted by CliffC8488

Someone asked me if I could get that Eric Johnson lead tone so I whipped this up. Figured I share. Kinda butchered it but, eh, oh ya, I suck...
:wave:

http://www.fractalaudio.com/Documents/cliffs.wma

CC

Hi.... by the way, do you plan to sell your axe-FX outise the states ?

I've seen that your secure yahoo shop seems limited to USA ?

• Members

Sounds good for initial attempt. I bet if you play it 50 more times and focus on the small nuances that you'll nail it and start to emprovise beyond the box, but still within the theme of the song. The problem with my playing is that I get board too quickly and never play anything with enough repetition to nail it.

• Members

I saw that video of EJ doing it on youtube a couple days ago so decided to give it a learn. The guy is just ridiculously good. And makes it look effortless. I'd give my left nut to be able to play 1/10th that well.

CC

Sounds pretty good man:thu:

btw, anybody have that link of EJ playing Cliffs on youtube??? :confused:

• Members

That was VERY good! You do need to iron out some of the tougher parts but I don't think it would take you very long.

Listening to your playing I can tell you have the chops to do it!

I really liked the tone you were getting too!! Very warm and mellow, but with good attack and bite IMO.

What did you use to record that with?

• Members

I recorded it using an Axe-Fx (see sig) into Sonar. I added a little 'verb to the drums. The guitar tone is straight from the unit.

(BTW, if anyone is interested in an Axe-Fx you better act soon (I believe there were a few here that were interested). There's only a dozen or so left and then it'll be prolly a couple months before the next production run is ready. To Luc, the Axe-Fx is not CE approved yet which means it wouldn't make it through customs.)

CC

• Members

I recorded it using an Axe-Fx (see sig) into Sonar. I added a little 'verb to the drums. The guitar tone is straight from the unit.

(BTW, if anyone is interested in an Axe-Fx you better act soon (I believe there were a few here that were interested). There's only a dozen or so left and then it'll be prolly a couple months before the next production run is ready. To Luc, the Axe-Fx is not CE approved yet which means it wouldn't make it through customs.)

CC

Hi. Do you think the not CE approval is really a problem ? (assuming your unit can accept 220V 50hz). I've already bought things not CE approved...

I know that french customs goal is 'just' to take us 20% of the price in taxes.... they are not really interested by the content ....

Archived