More Awesome Hendrix

carlygtr56

• Members
Originally posted by carlygtr56

You have quite an imagination. I guess cause you think something, then it must be true.

You know the circumstances around the IOW show? No, you don't.....he's chewing gum, asshole....

Carl you're a punk bitch.

Get back to doing what you're good at, being old and worthless. :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by bds9487

and, your point is....?

that he looked coked up. :idea:

You think Im talking {censored} about Hendrix when I say that? Cause Im not. Hendrix is God. But everytime I watch that video it looks like he's been up for three days smoking meth. :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by telephant

that he looked coked up.
:idea:

You think Im talking {censored} about Hendrix when I say that? Cause Im not. Hendrix is God. But everytime I watch that video it looks like he's been up for three days smoking meth.
:thu:

So what? It's pretty well documented he did drugs. You're pointing out the obvious. What's the point?

• Members

:thu:

I started gigging in '71 at age 12 and spent my high school gigging years with all of the issues mentioned above. We'd tune to one guy by ear at the start of each set and make tweaks during sets (out loud), but it was all relative to whatever strings seemed to be most in tune! By the end of the set, it was expected that you'd be at least a little out of tune and out of tune with each other, especially if whammies were used. That's the way it was back then.

• Members

To the guys who want to rip on Jimi all I have to say is listen to Buddy Holly and then flash forward to Jimi.

You do what you do because Jimi broke the ground. Beck hinted at it but Jimi took it over the edge.
He made the electric guitar a tool for making sounds.

You either get it or you don't.

• Members

Originally posted by Paul J. Edwards

To the guys who want to rip on Jimi all I have to say is listen to Buddy Holly and then flash forward to Jimi.

You do what you do because Jimi broke the ground. Beck hinted at it but Jimi took it over the edge.

He made the electric guitar a tool for making sounds.

You either get it or you don't.

Paul,

BTW, I really dig the Beck avatar you have. Crazy Legs is an awesome cd... I could swear that listening to that cd that

Beck is Gallup.

BTW, she is really getting off on riding the Gretch's nubby horn!

• Members

Originally posted by riffy

Paul,

BTW, I really dig the Beck avatar you have. Crazy Legs is an awesome cd... I could swear that listening to that cd that

Beck is Gallup.

BTW, she is really getting off on riding the Gretch's nubby horn!

It's such a cool pic. Subtle yet over the top!

Just like Gallup and Beck.

Most people don't get it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Too true.

Listen to Hendrix bootlegs: he's constantly tuning up. He did it like a showman, though - making wiseass remarks as he did so ("We really care for your ears!"), or introducing a great new 'song', tuning up, and then 'thanking' everyone for their applause...

:D

Such incredible talent.

• Members

Originally posted by mightyjoeyoungxnj

Isle of wight is a cool performace...It's crazy that it was less than a month before he died.

-Joe

Are you joking?! Isle of Wight was one of his worst performances on video. Even during the gig, he looks annoyed as his equipment keeps picking up radio stations and classical music starts coming out! It puts off Jimi, who keeps playing bums notes and forgetting lyrics. Honestly I am a massive Hendrix fan, but that gig was awful.....

• Members

Originally posted by Sir_Les

Are you joking?! Isle of Wight was one of his worst performances on video. Even during the gig, he looks annoyed as his equipment keeps picking up radio stations and classical music starts coming out! It puts off Jimi, who keeps playing bums notes and forgetting lyrics. Honestly I am a massive Hendrix fan, but that gig was awful.....

+1

I was watching it last night. "Red House" isn't particularly bad on Isle, but get at least 5 minutes into it and notice how frustrated he looks. I actually feel bad for Jimi watching it.

guitar tone=horrible.

guitar issues, i.e.: tuning, noise=bad

vocals=not so good

btw: big Jimi fan

Archived