More Awesome Hendrix

carlygtr56

• Members
  • Members

Originally posted by JackBootedThug

Loved what he said at the beginning of the pepper's vid! Never saw that one before-Thanx Carl.

Get the Isle of Wight dvd. Pretty cool show despite the circumstances:thu:

• Members

Why does Mitch Mitchell always sound like he's just randomly banging on drums like a hyped up kid. I think Hendrix' live music would have been a lot better if Mitch had stayed in the pocket when Hendrix went into left field.

• Members

Originally posted by GCDEF

Why does Mitch Mitchell always sound like he's just randomly banging on drums like a hyped up kid. I think Hendrix' live music would have been a lot better if Mitch had stayed in the pocket when Hendrix went into left field.

Mitch will be the first to admit, and he has....he overplayed alot back then.

• Members

I have a live clip of Hendrix playing Hey Joe and the drummer is amazing, he doesn't move his arms, just his wrists.

Originally posted by -=MYK=-

Why does Hendrix always have such a hard time tuning his guitar?
:confused:

Were there electronic tuners back then?

• Members

Originally posted by GCDEF

I've gotta tell you, I love Mitch's drumming. He doesn't get nearly as much credit as he deserves.

• Members

Originally posted by Beer Drinker

I've gotta tell you, I love Mitch's drumming. He doesn't get nearly as much credit as he deserves.

Mitch was the perfect drummer for Hendrix as Keith Moon was to The Who.

He and Jimi would take off and it was the bass player's job to try and hold the band steady, which Noel did great in the early days, and Billy Cox also did.

• Members
Originally posted by -=MYK=-

Why does Hendrix always have such a hard time tuning his guitar?
:confused:

Back then, you'd tune at the beginning of the set and the first time you used the whammy bar your guitar was out of tune. Being perfectly in tune was difficult, if not impossible, especially with a strat. I remember guys tuning (myself included), out loud - not silently like today, after every song. That really killed the momentum of the show. You had to do the best you could with what you had.

• Members
Originally posted by bds9487

I don't remember it taking that long to tune a guitar. I get mine up and running pretty quickly, but I guess my guitar isn't some heap from back then, either.:)

Thanks for the insight.:)

• Members

Originally posted by Beer Drinker

I believe that's called chewing gum.

He's got chewing gum in his mouth because he's {censored}ing sped up.

Ever done coke or meth or seen anybody do it? They get that exact same jaw movement.

Either that or Hendrix chewed gum like a {censored}ing cow.

• Members

Originally posted by telephant

Ever done coke or meth or seen anybody do it? They get that exact same jaw movement.

You have quite an imagination. I guess cause you think something, then it must be true.

You know the circumstances around the IOW show? No, you don't.....he's chewing gum, asshole....

• Members
Originally posted by telephant

and, your point is....?

Archived