Funky Trower Octavia Jam

carlygtr56

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would like to give my honest opinion. I have bashed your recording technique before, so there isn't any reason to cover that ground, but this clip further proves that you have no right to bash other people's playing ability.

You do a fine job copping your guitar heros. This is where you "wow" people. You are the guitarist who can cop riffs like no tomorrow, but that isn't the only kind of guitarist out there. There are also guitarists who are insanely creative and can actually write music that isn't wholly derivitive of another's style. Sure, everyone has their influences, but good songwriters don't ape with their original stuff, they compliment their influences in subtle ways. Of course, there are guitarists who can do both exceptionally well. Those are the ones whom I feel are the greatest musicians.

To be honest, your fall into category one. You can cop like a pro, but your original stuff is very immature and only shows your inability to be original and that your technical ability is dependent upon the genius of some forgotten guitar hero.

With that being said, you could still mop the floor with my guitar playing (technicaly speaking). I fall into the other category of someone whose skills are more on the creative side of things. Either way, you have no right to go around bashing other people's clips because you are terribly mediocre in so many respects regarding the instrument. Don't take it personally, I have acted the douchebag on these forums many times myself. Just some food for thought, humility is much more impressive than conceit. Especially when one is a bit more average than they at first appear.

• Members

Originally posted by ColorsoundKid

I would like to give my honest opinion. I have bashed your recording technique before, so there isn't any reason to cover that ground, but this clip further proves that you have no right to bash other people's playing ability.

You do a fine job copping your guitar heros. This is where you "wow" people. You are the guitarist who can cop riffs like no tomorrow, but that isn't the only kind of guitarist out there. There are also guitarists who are insanely creative and can actually write music that isn't wholly derivitive of another's style. Sure, everyone has their influences, but good songwriters don't ape with their original stuff, they compliment their influences in subtle ways. Of course, there are guitarists who can do both exceptionally well. Those are the ones whom I feel are the greatest musicians.

To be honest, your fall into category one. You can cop like a pro, but your original stuff is very immature and only shows your inability to be original and that your technical ability is dependent upon the genius of some forgotten guitar hero.

With that being said, you could still mop the floor with my guitar playing (technicaly speaking). I fall into the other category of someone whose skills are more on the creative side of things. Either way, you have no right to go around bashing other people's clips because you are terribly mediocre in so many respects regarding the instrument. Don't take it personally, I have acted the douchebag on these forums many times myself. Just some food for thought, humility is much more impressive than conceit. Especially when one is a bit more average than they at first appear.

Clip's from '87 LOL

It was a quick jam on a Porta-One LOL

......and please, spare me the critique. At least it aint a one chord vamp I hear around here all the time...with some guy shredding over a nothing backing.

Least there's some rythym guitars, effects....a little bit happening, rather than some of the lame-ass dog{censored} I see going around here as clips.

• Members

Originally posted by carlygtr56

Clip's from '87 LOL

It was a quick jam on a Porta-One LOL

......and please, spare me the critique. At least it aint a one chord vamp I hear around here all the time...with some guy shredding over a nothing backing.

Least there's some rythym guitars, effects....a little bit happening, rather than some of the lame-ass dog{censored} I see going around here as clips.

This is what I'm talking about. You are completely unable to look at your own shortcomings as a guitarist, but never fail to attack and denigrate anyone else's playing.

• Members

Originally posted by ColorsoundKid

This is what I'm talking about. You are completely unable to look at your own shortcomings as a guitarist, but never fail to attack and denegrate anyone else's playing.

Believe me, I know where the shortcomings are on this particular clip......and you passed them right by.

It's a little jam....get over it.....and copping riffs? where? What riff is copped? Point it out.

Here, have another-

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=343910&songID=3917158

• Members

and copping riffs? where? What riff is copped? Point it out.

[

That is my point. When you aren't copping riffs, you aren't very impressive. And even then, it still isn't very original. Do you understand what I mean?

• Members
Originally posted by SteveVHT

With all due respect, I don't think Trower was ever impressive at all. So playing Trower-like wouldn't be impressive.

Cool jam, but that's about it. It is pretty stiff as dingel said.

Steve

I cop the feel without actually putting a Trower tune up and sticking my name to it:wave: :wave: :wave:

• Members

I cop the feel without actually putting a Trower tune up and sticking my name to it:wave:
:wave:
:wave:

If that's what you call feel, I wouldn't put my name on it....
And please get over yourself and your little fantasy....

• Members

Keeping my disapproval of much of Carls past behaviour out of this, I liked it, was a neat little jam clip. I've been toying with getting one of those pedals, I kind of liked the Voodoo Labs one, but have heard they have various reliability issues.

• Members

Originally posted by Alchemist

Keeping my disapproval of much of Carls past behaviour out of this, I liked it, was a neat little jam clip. I've been toying with getting one of those pedals, I kind of liked the Voodoo Labs one, but have heard they have various reliability issues.

That was a Roger Mayer Octavia with the Optical switch. I got directly off of Roger. Very rare and worth big bucks now. I shouldn't have sold it.

• Members

That was a Roger Mayer Octavia with the Optical switch. I got directly off of Roger. Very rare and worth big bucks now. I shouldn't have sold it.

Well I probably dont have the cash for one of those, any experience with the Voodoo Labs ones? Opinions?

• Members

Originally posted by Alchemist

Well I probably dont have the cash for one of those, any experience with the Voodoo Labs ones? Opinions?

Voodoo Lab isn't bad. the MJM Roctavios is very good, I just sold one. Price isn't bad on the MJM either.

• Members

Originally posted by V-Type

I like the clip. Nice authentic vibe going on.

I also like the other clips your posting also. I guess Im in the minority I dig where both you guys are coming from on the fiddle.

Thanks, the stuff is old, not reprentitive of anything other than what I was doing in '87 LOL

Archived