Avenged Sevenfold in NYC last night.....(short review)

Kyle DiSanto

• Members

So yesterday a buddy of mine says he has 2 extra tickets to the show, I said what the hell and went.

Overall it wasn't a bad show at. We missed the first band - 18 visions, but we caught Coheed and Cambria and A7x.

Coheed- I like a few songs from these guys and actually like the pink floydish type thing they have going on in some of their songs....long interludes, solos...very spacious sounding. Their tone was very good IMO. THey were using Bonger Ubershalls into mesa cabs and Vox combos for the clean sounds...Sound and tone wise, it was very good. I liked how you could hear every instrument in the mix. However the guitarist who doesnt sing was a bit low in the mix.

Avenged Sevenfold- Not as good as I had hoped, but still not bad at all. They had bogner Ubershalls into bonger cabs on the sides of the stage facing in towards them. Tone was terrible IMO. And the Mix SUCKED!!!:mad: :mad: Muddy guitars, flubby drums. ANd it wasn't as loud as Coheed. Im guessing maybee becacuse coheed had more amps facing out instead of in. The drummer is pretty boring to watch.

Now for the best part of the show.... a7x covers Pantera's Walk. And plays it SPOT ON! The solo was a carbon copy...I {censored} you not!

All in all it was a pretty cool show but damn I wish there was better sound for A7x.

• Members
Originally posted by ROTINPAIN

So yesterday a buddy of mine says he has 2 extra tickets to the show, I said what the hell and went.

Overall it wasn't a bad show at. We missed the first band - 18 visions, but we caught Coheed and Cambria and A7x.

Coheed- I like a few songs from these guys and actually like the pink floydish type thing they have going on in some of their songs....long interludes, solos...very spacious sounding. Their tone was very good IMO. THey were using Bonger Ubershalls into mesa cabs and Vox combos for the clean sounds...Sound and tone wise, it was very good. I liked how you could hear every instrument in the mix. However the guitarist who doesnt sing was a bit low in the mix.

Avenged Sevenfold- Not as good as I had hoped, but still not bad at all. They had bogner Ubershalls into bonger cabs on the sides of the stage facing in towards them. Tone was terrible IMO. And the Mix SUCKED!!!
:mad:
:mad: Muddy guitars, flubby drums. ANd it wasn't as loud as Coheed. Im guessing maybee becacuse coheed had more amps facing out instead of in. The drummer is pretty boring to watch.

Now for the best part of the show.... a7x covers Pantera's Walk. And plays it SPOT ON! The solo was a carbon copy...I {censored} you not!

All in all it was a pretty cool show but damn I wish there was better sound for A7x.

Damn Kyle, you should have told me that you were coming down!!!!

BTW, I Got the Gear in good shape, you rule, thanks!!! I think its safe to pull them out of your sig now!!:thu:

Kage

• Members
Originally posted by STEEL KAGE

Damn Kyle, you should have told me that you were coming down!!!!

BTW, I Got the Gear in good shape, you rule, thanks!!! I think its safe to pull them out of your sig now!!
:thu:

Kage

Glad to hear that everything got their safe bro! I just took them out after I posted this lol.

Dude I got the tickets last minute and left right after work yesterday. I unfortunatley didn't have time to post anything. Next time I go out to a show I'll def shout you a HOLLAR!

Peace Bro!

Archived