E-bay policy question...

FWAxeIbanez

• Members

So my mom bid and won something for my grandma for mothers day on e-bay and paid within 5 minutes of the auctions closing... she didn't even wait for an invoice... she then e-mailed him a few times asking if a rush shipment was possible, none of them got a response... She at one time recieved a generic thank you for payment message that had a line in it saying "if you give me negative, I will give you negative as well" and that was it...

long story short, the guy never answered any of her repeated e-mails and my mom got her item 3 weeks after the auction closed... is there any way she could give this prick the negative he deserves without getting a negative in return? I have never had to deal with a blackmailing situation like this, but it's bull{censored}, she paid within 5 minutes of the auctions end and even offered money above and beyond the additional shipping costs for a rush shipment

this has to be against e-bay policy... anybody else have to deal with this?

• Members
Originally posted by FWAxeIbanez

I thought of that, but I'm not completely sure what the time limit is or what units its measured in... is it 90 calendar days or is it in hours from the auctions close... i dunno, gotta be an easier way

Should have asked before the auction closed as far as rush shipping. Not after the fact. That's pretty long for sending it out but certainly not illegal. BTW,I've waited over 90 days to leave feedback and still got a retaliatory feedback returned to me.

• Members

Yep. Mom should have asked her questions before bidding. You can't really give the guy a negative because he didn't agree to your wanting to change the terms of the auction after it was over. He did what he said he'd do in the auction I assume. The worst you could do would be a positive with a note that delivery was slow and communication poor, but as long as he did what he said he would, he deserves a positive.

• Members

You actually only have two options:
1- Leave a pos fb and state in the narrative the slow shipping.

2- Leave a neutral fb and say it's due to slow shipping.

If the actual auction is good..ie: satisfied with the product, was as listed and so on....your only issue is with shipping....and 3 weeks is typical for some sellers and well within reason. It's Ebay, not Musicians Friend.

Ric

• Members

Originally posted by GCDEF

Yep. Mom should have asked her questions before bidding. You can't really give the guy a negative because he didn't agree to your wanting to change the terms of the auction after it was over. He did what he said he'd do in the auction I assume. The worst you could do would be a positive with a note that delivery was slow and communication poor, but as long as he did what he said he would, he deserves a positive.

I agree. No reason to give the guy a negative. You can't assume someone will do a rush shipment for you, especially if you bring that up after the auction is complete.

• Members

at least they have replies available now. That helps alot - so retalitory feedback isnt so damaging. They are opinions and everyone knows what those amount to these days.....

My only negative is from a non-paying bidder - so that alone shows the flaw in the eBay system...Someone who doesnt respond or pay can leave negative feedback.....

• Members
Originally posted by Lorax

at least they have replies available now. That helps alot - so retalitory feedback isnt so damaging. They are opinions and everyone knows what those amount to these days.....

My only negative is from a non-paying bidder - so that alone shows the flaw in the eBay system...Someone who doesnt respond or pay can leave negative feedback.....

Ya,my lone negative out of almost 200 positives came about as retaliation after I left a negative against a seller who's auction I won but got a better offer after the auction concluded,and after I had paid. He did refund the money,but he said I didn't deserve to win the auction since I won the item at his opening bid and because I bid in the last 5 minutes.

• Members

Originally posted by tlbonehead

Should have asked before the auction closed as far as rush shipping. Not after the fact. That's pretty long for sending it out but certainly not illegal.

Well yeah, but she was asking... she wasn't telling, she was offering additional cash above and beyond the additional shipping costs just for the inconvenience but still, mainly it was asking if it was even possible... her issue is that the guy never even responded once, even when she just started sending e-mails asking if it had shipped or when it was supposed to, or if he was even getting her e-mails or had recieved the cash... 3 weeks is ridiculous, I am ashamed and scared of negative feedback if it takes me more than like 4 or 5 days and thats the way I think it should be... maybe a week or two with explanation, hell, with a good explanation the sky is kind of the limit, for a week or more i'd take just a state of the union address, you know? as long as I know it is going to ship i'm ok, but this dude took her money, put it on the list of eventual things to do and ignored all communication

I think fellow ebay members should be aware of this, and at the same time I think fellow ebay members should be aware of the fact that my mother often pays within minutes of an auctions closing, sounds fair to me...

Archived