Gig Report : Evergrey, Nevermore, and In Flames!

soc_monki

• Members

saw them last night in Memphis, TN! it was just totally badass...good music doesnt come around my area often, and me and some buddies had to go see these guys!

Evergrey was first. we came in when they started playing their first song...and dont ask me what they played cuz im not that familiar with it...i just know that they are badass and i love their stuff! i need to start buying more CDs again, but other things take up my money (bills and other necessities!)

anyways, they were playing Caparisons, of course...Tom was kickin' ass...couldnt tell what amps they were using because they werent visible :( but they sounded amazing!

next up was Nevermore! i only know a few songs, but i know i really do love them. although, im not too sure about Jeff's Krankenstein...when the tech was checking it all out it was VERY harsh and high-endy. Chris Broderick (edit...sorry! im a dumbass and VERY tired!) was using an Engl, not sure which model. but when they started playing Jeff's sound was fine...mixed well with the band. still didnt like the tone on its own...thats the first time ive really heard a Krank live, and i have to say its not my thing! but they were badass. after the first song i yelled out "Jeff Loomis is {censored}ing badass!" and he let me know he heard me :) my buddy turned around and said "youre probably the only guy who knows his name!" badass band...and great guys! we hung out with the drummer after the show for about a half hour and he was totally cool and he had a blast just talking music and BSing. class acts and {censored}ing AMAZING musicians!

Throwdown...nope sorry, dont like em...guitarist was using a XXX and his tone sucked and they just didnt fit on the bill IMO....

and In Flames...my god...i love them and seeing them live and LOUD up close was just {censored}ing great. they played Behind Space, one of my all time favorite songs and i almost died :) Trigger, Cloud Connected, Take This Life, Pinball Map, a few off of Clayman and Whoracle (but no Episode 666 :( )...all in all they {censored}ing RULED. great presence on stage, tight as hell, and punishing 5150 tone! (and yes BOTH Bjorn AND Jesper were using 5150's...no II's...5150's all the way and they sounded amazing!)

me and my buddies got pics during the show and after the show with Tom and the guys from Evergrey, couple of the guys from Nevermore (no Jeff though :( i wanted to meet him!) and we were kinda bummed cuz we didnt get to talk to In Flames, but as we were going around the back of the venue Anders came out and we talked a little bit and took pics with him...damn cool dude and very appreciative that we came out to see them!

all in all, a GREAT night! had a blast, even though i got home at 3 am and didnt get to bed till about 4 or so (cuz i had to get my practice time in!) and had to get up this morning for work at 9! LOL it was worth it though :) 20 bucks to see 3 amazing bands...could it have been better? yea...Bodom could have been there instead of Throwdown :D but hey, im not complaining too much :thu:

pics to come this week hopefully!

• Members
Originally posted by indespise

Steve Smyth is off the tour due to medical problems. The guy with the Engl Powerball was Chris Broderick.

ok cool, my bad! :) i shall edit it...i said something about Steve to the drummer and he didnt say anything against it...so i assumed....LMAO! im editing now! :)

• Members
Originally posted by Megadeth7684

He posts here...under the name "Chris_Broderick"
:p:D

Killer guitarist.
:thu:

maybe hell come in here and say "hey" then :D i have to say they were just killer live...i really have to go get some Evergrey and Nevermore albums...i feel like a douchebag not owning any :( LOL

Evergrey was probably also playing 5150's, that's usually what they play live.

im assuming they may have been using Bjorn and Jesper's 5150's to save on space because the stage was VERY crowded with gear! but i may be wrong...i didnt see any other 5150's besides those two on the sides.

• Members
Originally posted by soc_monki

maybe hell come in here and say "hey" then
:D
i have to say they were just killer live...i really have to go get some Evergrey and Nevermore albums...i feel like a douchebag not owning any
:(
LOL

im assuming they may have been using Bjorn and Jesper's 5150's to save on space because the stage was VERY crowded with gear! but i may be wrong...i didnt see any other 5150's besides those two on the sides.

You ever check out Evergrey's DVD man? It's awesome! Killer performance, lots of behind the scene stuff, including them going over all their gear! Plus incredible live 5150 tone! :love:

• Members

You ever check out Evergrey's DVD man? It's awesome! Killer performance, lots of behind the scene stuff, including them going over all their gear! Plus incredible live 5150 tone!
:love:

yup, one of my friends has it...and the live CD...so ive heard AND seen it all :D thats where i first heard Evergrey and i fell in love with it. Tom is one BADASS singer, the music is heavy, and the leads are very tasteful i think. they fit the songs but they show off a bit as well :thu: both of them are amazing guitarists and they put on one HELL of a show!

it was great to see the DVD, but now that ive seen them live and up close (and met and talked with them!) it just takes on a whole new meaning!

• Members

i have to say they were just killer live...i really have to go get some Evergrey and Nevermore albums...i feel like a douchebag not owning any
LOL

Get The Politics of Ecstasy first.

• Members

My top 3...

1. Dead Heart In A Dead World

2. Dreaming Neon Black

3. Nevermore (self titled debut)

Wow, completely different from mine. :eek:

Dead Heart ina Dead World is a good album if you like boring slow elevator metal. ;)

My top 3:

1. This Godless Endeavor
2. The Politics of Ecstasy
3. Enemies of Reality.

:cool:

• Members

I seen the shows the last two nights in Tulsa and Memphis. You will not see better bands together on one bill than Evergrey, Nevermore, and In Flames. Chris is just phenomenal with Nevermore. I would bet he can play almost every Loomis solo if he had to. Evergrey are just stellar live as are In Flames...what a great dose of metal being performed at such a high level. :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by DirtyBird

Wow, completely different from mine.
:eek:

Dead Heart ina Dead World is a good album if you like boring slow elevator metal.
;)

My top 3:

1. This Godless Endeavor

3. Enemies of Reality.

TGE is way overrated IMO, it only has a few good songs I think. Enemies of Reality is their weakest album IMO, Politics of Estasy is good, but I like the 3 I listed more. :)

• Members
Originally posted by willy22

My bassist wanted me to go with him to that show, but I'm broke.
Glad you had a good time monkey.
:thu:

oh man...why didnt your bassist spot you 20 bucks?!?! or 21 i should say...to get in!?!? i woulda spotted one or two of my buddies ANYTIME for a show like that! i dont mind being paid back on a payday or whatever ya know?

• Members

TGE is way overrated IMO, it only has a few good songs I think. Enemies of Reality is their weakest album IMO, Politics of Estasy is good, but I like the 3 I listed more.
:)

You're wrong, I hate you.

• Members
Originally posted by DirtyBird

Wow, completely different from mine.

Dead Heart ina Dead World is a good album if you like boring slow elevator metal.
;)

My top 3:

1. This Godless Endeavor

3. Enemies of Reality.

Don't insult my elevator!!!:mad:

• Members

LOL

Hey !!!!!

Ahhahahah!!!

Just kidding. Thanks for the nice review of the show. All of the bands on this tour have been exceptionally cool and I am loving every minute of it.

Take care, Chris.

• Members
Originally posted by Chris_Broderick

Hey !!!!!

Ahhahahah!!!

Just kidding. Thanks for the nice review of the show. All of the bands on this tour have been exceptionally cool and I am loving every minute of it.

Take care, Chris.

he speaks! LOL thanks man...you guys seriously kicked ass :thu:
say hey to Jeff for me...just tell him i was the only one who yelled out his name in Memphis :wave: LOL keep shredding!

Archived