Brian Eno and his broken Yamaha DX7 synths

Artmuzz

• Members

Hi,

Here is a clip I edited from a documentary about Brian Eno that I ripped from my DVD collection. I uploaded it to my YouTube account. The clip is of Brian Eno trying to get his Yamaha DX7 synths working but unforunately they no longer work:cry: I wonder if he gave Trent Reznor I loan of them;)

Art

• Members

Thanks for that.

Now, can you post any more from that DVD? Is the whole thing about Eno? What's it called?

Also, how about the Francis Monkman clip? What's that from?

Sorry about all the questions, just that those are some damn fine clips.

The clip is from The BBC Four documentary about Brian Eno which is on the BBC iPlayer link provided. Unfortunately there is only about 2 days left to watch so be quick. Fortunately I was able to record the show on my DVD recorder and edit the DX7 clip and upload on YouTube.

The Francis Monkman clip is from the BBC Micro Live show from 1985 called Roll Over Beethoven.

I am glad you like the clips as it was quite time consuming to rip from DVD and edit to upload on YouTube.

Art

• Members

Unfortunately, I live in the U.S. (contrary to my profile description) and can't view that video. Though believe me, I've tried and tried. I doubt BBC America will ever show it... all they ever show is Gordon Ramsey's kitchen nightmares.

It seems like all cool shows about synths and stuff come from Europe. Like Rock School, that French news piece about the Sherman filterbank, that clip about the Synclavier, and those sweet clips you put up.

So thanks again Artmuzz. We synthy types appreciate it, even if we're quiet about it.

• Members
Hi,

Here is a clip I edited from a documentary about Brian Eno that I ripped from my DVD collection. I uploaded it to my YouTube account. The clip is of Brian Eno trying to get his Yamaha DX7 synths working but unforunately they no longer work:cry: I wonder if he gave Trent Reznor I loan of them;)

Art

Just 20 secs?

• 5 months later...
  • Members

:thu: That was a great documentary. It was on Vimeo for a while before it got pulled.

I just picked up 77 Million Paintings the other day - absolutely wonderful on my PC! :love:

Brian is one of my all-time synth heroes. Listen to 801's version of "Tomorrow Never Knows" for some amazing "enossification"...

Archived