Another announcement by Chad Dyer on 357 (might mean something):

atbear

• Members

Originally posted by Bob Savage

You're making the assumption that the money still exists in the company.

You're making the assumption that ZW doesn't have the money or connections at Epiphone to deliver on the guitars.

Something might happen, or nothing might happen... but, I'd rather have ZW working for me.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by atbear

You're making the assumption that ZW doesn't have the money or connections at Epiphone to deliver on the guitars.

Something might happen, or nothing might happen... but, I'd rather have ZW working for me.

You are trusting a guy that destroyed some poor guys bar because he was pissed at his wife :confused:

• Members
Originally posted by Digital Jams

You are trusting a guy that destroyed some poor guys bar because he was pissed at his wife
:confused:

? No.

Just delivering information, then answering a question.

• Members

Zakk's got a lot of money... at the most, he could strike a deal with Epiphone and deliver on the guitars himself. Maybe even sign them too...

and whenever he's in town he'll come over for dinner and knock a few back with ya ...

you guys are better off waiting for guitars from Johnny Bravo ;)

• Members

Probably nothing, but I agree. It's not like he's sitting around with nothing to do- the guy is either touring or puting out records. It's too easy to blame ZW, folks.

• Members

And I made that assumption where?

How is it Zakk has so much money? Doesn't BLS play clubs?

Any way you look at it, the best Epiphone could offer is cost. that's still a lot of coin, and again, it's not Zakk's responsibility. I hear he's pretty cool, but that's above and beyond coolness.

• Members

Any way you look at it, the best Epiphone could offer is cost. that's still a lot of coin, and again, it's not Zakk's responsibility. I hear he's pretty cool, but that's above and beyond coolness.

Apparently, the same place you said I did... you apparently also assume that the best Epiphone could do is cost... that might not be the case. No need for concrete assumptions. Only information is needed... and, all available so far has been provided.

• Members

I agree ... if anyone is a working " stiff " in the business it's him ..

yeah I'm sure he's comfortable ... but I did some quick math and ...

if he bellied up and put in 500 say for each guitar ordered and I think the last time I saw the order count it was 600 to 800 orders so ... that's almost half a mill..... I don't think he's that comfortable ..

• Members

Apparently, the same place you said I did... you apparently also assume that the best Epiphone could do is cost... that might not be the case. No need for concrete assumptions. Only information is needed... and, all available so far has been provided.

Nope, read it again, I made no assumptions. You indicating Zakk has a lot of money, on the other hand, is an assumption, and an unfounded one.

Epiphone is a business. Businesses exist to generate income. Selling at cost is not generating income, but it's not losing either. How many of these ZW guitars do you think Epiphone sells? That number would be a direct correlation with how much "pull" Zakk has at Epiphone.

This is going nowhere, so have fun.

• Members

Nope, read it again, I made no assumptions. You indicating Zakk has a lot of money, on the other hand, is an assumption, and an unfounded one.

Epiphone is a business. Businesses exist to generate income. Selling at cost is not generating income, but it's not losing either. How many of these ZW guitars do you think Epiphone sells? That number would be a direct correlation with how much "pull" Zakk has at Epiphone.

This is going nowhere, so have fun.

Saying Zakk has a lot of money does not mean that I said he has enough money to make good on this deal alone. You saying that Epiphone selling the guitars at cost is the best they could do it just as much of an assumption. That is a fact. I understand business, and I also understand pull and endorsements. I never said anything will happen, only that it could. This isn't fun.

• Members

I don't understand why/how Zakk could be so wealthy. He's not Ozzy, afterall. Doesn't BLS play clubs, not arena's?

That's a LOT of coin to pull out of your pocket, and quite frankly, if he had nothing to do with the deal, it's not his responsibility anyway.

According to all the Chad Dyer apologists, Zakk is going to pay for everyone's guitars.

• Members

Saying Zakk has a lot of money does not mean that I said he has enough money to make good on this deal alone. You saying that Epiphone selling the guitars at cost is the best they could do it just as much of an assumption. That is a fact. I understand business, and I also understand pull and endorsements. I never said anything will happen, only that it could. This isn't fun.

Perhaps you understand business, but you're having a heck of a time following this conversation. Like I said, have fun.

• Members

Perhaps you understand business, but you're having a heck of a time following this conversation. Like I said, have fun.

No, I'm really not. I'm quite on top of it, thank you. Why the animosity?

Archived