6/6/6 The National Day of Slayer

Chaotic

• Members

Originally posted by mrrampant

Remember it was put out in 1986. It set a standard, etc... Kerry King even said in an interview that if they released it now for the first time noone would give a {censored}.

Yeah thats why I compared it with peace sells which was the same year, and half of peace sells is about the devil too...

• Members

Wow! Solid 16th note double bass! Must be Dave Lombardo......

Im so glad he is back. I was getting really sick of paul's drumming. He likes to float back and forth between 16th notes and triplets and it sounds like ass.

• Members
Originally posted by Moltar

Haha oh god this is going to turn into a "Megadeth is better than Slayer" thread isn't it..... Either that, or maybe a "Slayer is better than Megadeth" thread hahaha

I'm not sure which one is better, but you can be sure that Slayer fans can beat the living crap out of Megadeth fans.

m/ :mad: m/

• Members

Haha oh god this is going to turn into a "Megadeth is better than Slayer" thread isn't it..... Either that, or maybe a "Slayer is better than Megadeth" thread hahaha

I like both bands, but Slayer is the Shiite. You can't really compare Megadeth to Slayer anyway. Yeah, both are speed metal (whatever that means nowadays), but they're two totally different beasts and have left their own scars....er, marks on society.

• Members

Wow! Solid 16th note double bass! Must be Dave Lombardo......

Im so glad he is back. I was getting really sick of paul's drumming. He likes to float back and forth between 16th notes and triplets and it sounds like ass.

Agreed. Although PB was no slouch. The best way I could differentiate the two was that PB was awesome but sounded a bit like a metronome while DL has the precision but sounds natural. Hope that makes sense.

• Members

Been listening to Slayer all day m/:mad:m/

Today was Divine Intervention, Hell Awaits, and Show no Mercy.

I heard Reign In Blood, South of Heaven, Seasons in the Abyss, and God Hates Us All yesterday

:D

• Members

Originally posted by noseminer

To celebrate I downloaded reign in blood, and I dont know what all the hype is about, sounded like ass. Peace sells >>>>>>> reign in blood.

Reign in Blood >>>>>+eats and {censored}s out the whiney rotten remains of Peace Sells.

m/:evil:m/

• Members

To celebrate I downloaded reign in blood, and I dont know what all the hype is about, sounded like ass. Peace sells >>>>>>> reign in blood.

By the way Kerry King is gonna shove his nail gauntleted forearm up your rectum your first day in hell. m/:evil:m/

What could be more metal than that?

• Members

Originally posted by thenakedarab

By the way Kerry King is gonna shove his nail gauntleted forearm up your rectum your first day in hell. m/:evil:m/

What could be more metal than that?

Maybe thats why his solos sound so assy? Because he is playing them with rectums on his hands!

• Members

Maybe thats why his solos sound so assy? Because he is playing them with rectums on his hands!

Noone does solos like Slayer that I can recall. MAYBE Bob G from the original Overkill. I used to think the solos sounded random, but I've seen Slayer live several times and they pretty much play the solos note for note.

Archived