savage 120/5150 rig sounded fucking awesome tonight: fount out the problem with amp

guitarist17

• Members

My engl savage had been doing all kinds of weird {censored} lately. loud background hum, that would come and go, volume drops, gain loss etc. I found out the issue i had was a loose preamp tube socket! My buddy mark (axeman720) took a look at it, and had me play why he fiddled with the preamp tubes, and sure enough, he came to v2, pushed on it/wiggled it a bit, and you could tell that the tube socket was loose. So, how much is it usually to fix this problem? seems to be a more common issue/less severe type of problem. on a high note, i ran my 5150 and savage 120 half stacks live tonight, and the savage made it the whole way through with no issues. seems to come and go, and the tone was awesome. savage isnt going anywhere, unless its for a quickrod, and thats a MAYBE :D

Chris

• Members

Originally posted by DirtyBird

you mean you were trying to sell the amp when you knew it was doing weird {censored}?

:o

ahhh, a typical HCAF response.....:rolleyes: i thought for sure it was just a preamp tube problem, as the issue i was having sounded like a typical preamp tube going back, but i found out otherwise.

• Members

Originally posted by metalpoida

Just use Duct tape like Madison?

:confused::wave:

I am calling this right now...

PRMike will come back working for that new Diamond Amps company, because they're new, and they sound really {censored}ty. His new HC user name will be Diamond Mike.

:eek:

• Members

Originally posted by guitarist17

hello? can i get any help....PLEASE!?!?!?!??
:(

My savage had the same problem a few years ago, got it fixed by a tech for like $25...no biggie.

Originally posted by Megadeth7684

My Savage sold on Ebay in about 2 hours today dude.
:eek::D

$1700
:thu:

Holy crap...at those prices I would seriously consider selling mine! It's been a great amp for me for many years but I don't play it much since I kinda got away from the metal scene a few years ago. I got mine back before they got "cool" and the prices increased, $1200 :cool: I could turn a healthy profit! It's in great condition, and is loaded with NOS GE 6550A mp tubes ($75 each! :eek:

), and would come with the $200 engl midi interface...

Hmmm...anyone wanna make me an offer? :evil: :evil:

Archived