Another JCM800 thread...going rate?

rog951

• Members

I'm mainly interested in a 2204 head. What do you guys think is a fair price these days? I know they've been escalating a lot over the last year or two. I've seen two heads locally in the last month; one was $650 and REALLY beat, the other was $750 and in "fair" condition I'd say. Unfortunately, those are both gone now but is that about right? Messing with those two amps got my JCM800 juices flowing! How much are you guys paying? Thanks!

• Members

Originally posted by Duolos

I paid 500 a while back for one in good shape...not perfect, not tattered.

Wow, from what little I've seen, that's a GREAT deal. Well, depending on how long ago "a while back" is! ;)

Thanks!

• Members

Originally posted by Darkburst

They are creeping towards the 1K mark in any sort of decent condition.

Yeah, that's what I'm noticing around here anyway. That's just too expensive I think. I mean, they do sound good and all but jeeze! If I paid much over $700 for one I'll be pissed...but I really don't want one that's beat to {censored} either! :(

I guess people in hell want ice water too...

• Members

Thanks. I actually did that already and came up with an average of $812 shipped, not taking condition, etc into account. I thought if I could also get some recent sales prices from the guys on here, I could solidify my idea of what I should pay. HC and ebay are my two main value-determining mechanisms.

Archived