VH reunion?

1big1

• Members

Originally posted by VH5150

I say screw sammy,mike ,dave, does anyone stop and think

maybe Ed and Al don't want to keep playing the same ol songs

all the time?These {censored}ers are just mad because they can't

ride Ed's coat tails.

Bull{censored}. Ed and Alex talk a big game about mixing it up live, jamming, but the proof is out there. Their set lists have always been stagnant. Sammy was willing to play other songs in 2004 (look at what he has played during his solo tours and one off shows) but the brothers demanded a certain list on that "reunion" tour.

Quite frankly I am just tired of the years and years of {censored} the brothers have foisted off on their fans for years. If they don't want the pressure of being in Van Halen, then don't do it. Charging people anywhere from $75-$500 a ticket to see a half-assed product isn't the way to go out unless you just want to rape your fans.

Yes, I am a huge fan of EVH's playing (I am owning up to my fanboy past), but enough is enough.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by evilhomer101

Bull{censored}. Ed and Alex talk a big game about mixing it up live, jamming, but the proof is out there. Their set lists have always been stagnant. Sammy was willing to play other songs in 2004 (look at what he has played during his solo tours and one off shows) but the brothers demanded a certain list on that "reunion" tour.

Quite frankly I am just tired of the years and years of {censored} the brothers have foisted off on their fans for years. If they don't want the pressure of being in Van Halen, then don't do it. Charging people anywhere from $75-$500 a ticket to see a half-assed product isn't the way to go out unless you just want to rape your fans.

Yes, I am a huge fan of EVH's playing (I am owning up to my fanboy past), but enough is enough.

Me
Feel
Same
Way

:mad::(

• Members

$500?... maybe from a ticket agency but that's not ed's doing...

• Members

Good points and I agree. Frankly I lost alot of respect for Ed when the whole Sammy vs. Dave thing went down. Dave at that time, pretty much kept his mouth shut while Sam and Ed ripped Dave a new one in every magazine of the time. Only after about 6 months of being raked over the coals did Dave start firing back. In fact when Ed starting ripping all the old original VH songs as inferior, that was kinda it for me with VH. Guess the moron never thought that those songs held something special for the fans.

People can slam Kiss all they want but those guys are till doing it and people are still enjoying it.

Ed spurned a Roth reunion years ago because he didn't want VH to be percieved as a nostalgia act but the pure fact of the matter now is...they are nostalgia and nothing will change that anymore. So essentially Ed has wasted the last decade for nothing.

• Members

ed and al should just re-invent themselves under a different name and let sammy and ma do thier thing. the problem is how do you reinvent yourself if you're ed? they could find a different bass player and singer.. but it would only work if they were of a similar caliber. i mean they crucified ed for picking gary cherone.
it wasn't accepted by the public and they are the ones who buy records and tickets.
you'd think there must be people out there who would be a good fit. the question is who?

• Members

I am a huge VH fan. I dig both Roth and Hagar eras of the band. However, I don't see Eddie coming out with anything relevant now. He's let too much time pass. What a shame to end your career with a flop of an album. :(

• Members

If you haven't seen the Atomic Punks go. You'll stop rooting for a reunion. Saw them for the umptienth time last Friday and they were as on, smokin, and entertaining as any large act I've seen. Truly pro all around. Their new guitarist rips! (Dare say I like him more than Parrish...):thu:

• Members
Originally posted by ConcreteVampire

If you haven't seen the Atomic Punks go. You'll stop rooting for a reunion. Saw them for the umptienth time last Friday and they were as on, smokin, and entertaining as any large act I've seen. Truly pro all around. Their new guitarist rips! (Dare say I like him more than Parrish...)
:thu:

Absolutely. Ralph puts on a great show. I saw the new guitarist a while back and he was really good, but he was still feeling his way through the set. He seems to be more aggressive than Parrish (who was great btw), but I still think that Brian Young was the best Punks guitarist.

They will be back in Phoenix at the beginning of July.

• Members

Eddie is an embarrassment. He is the reason I picked up a guitar back in 85' but he's just so "done".

You know this isn't just about a Van Halen reunion. I feel like he has turned his back on his kid too, acting like a drunk a-hole. That last show where he bashed his guitar and talked crap on the mic was messed up.

Like someone above mentioned, that guy has serious demons.

Archived