Blues Jr woes... hep me! hep me!

StratKat

• Members

Hey out there in forum land!

I have a blues jr thats about 4 years old now. I use it to death for all kinds of gigs mic'd and at jams and church and studio stuff.

My problem is that i need more headroom in the thing. Some guys say to rebias the tunes hotter, colder, change speaker to something more efficient, less efficient.

I dunno what to do.... I aint got lots of change.

I love the little bugger (and have a 71 virbolux 2x10 and a mesa Maveric 2x12 for big stuff) but for small stuff i sometim,es get too much distortion too soon in the volume curve. And i use a pedal to make distortion when i need it. So how can i clean this amp up without losing its fender tone?

• Members

The strongest power tubes available,a more efficient speaker,and then set the amp to the tone you want and fill up the onstage volume as necessary with the wedges or sidefills. Oh,and most importantly,aim it where the volume needs to be.

• Members

yeah, for church stuff i do mic using a senn 809 and i added an easel back to it so i can tip it back and aim it at my ears. But there are times and setups where i cant mic.

Thankis for the tips! Any others on biasing and speaker models?

Which would increase my headroom more, tubes and biasing? Or a new efficient speaker?

Archived