Note to Phil O'Keefe

ZachMetal

• Members

Originally posted by ZachMetal

The weekly spam thread isn't cutting slack. The week isn't over, and it's already a huge thread. People on dialup still will take days to read all of this.

Zach.

Maybe post your concern in the MOD sticky. Phil and Craig are really doing their best to accommodate everyone but they can

• Members

I'm on high speed, I just know people who are on dial up and can't stand long threads. A lot of places Dial up is the only internet availible.

Zach

Then they should move in with the rest of civilization.

I hate it when people here at work brag about how cheap they bought their McMansions, then proceed to bitch about the 2 hour drive to work because they live in the middle of nowhere. They're also on dialup and I laugh at them. :D

• Members

The weekly spam thread isn't cutting slack. The week isn't over, and it's already a huge thread. People on dialup still will take days to read all of this.

Zach.

I am not allowed to say that I have a sale until July 4th BUT if you e mail me and we can discuss:thu: Thanks John

• Members

Phil, individual SPAM threads have always worked well here. It sells gear quicker, gets more views, and I think most people want to be able to post them. If you are not looking to buy the item in the title no one is making you click on it to read it.

Please allow us to post indivudual spam threads. HCAF is going downhill quick, IMO:(

I don't mind a weekly spam thread so much. The reason why it is filling up is because we can't post individual threads. Often the monthly spam thread was used after an unsuccessful indivudual spam thread did not sell the item.

Bringing them back will fix the weekly one filling up and make it a good idea.

• Members
Originally posted by D/FW XJ'er

Get high speed internet like everyone else.
:freak:

Why would anyone continue to use dialup!?

I can't get anything but dialup where I'm at and I'm 15 min from downtown little rock. The reason is I live in the middle of a horse shoe lake and they won't run a line down there for just the people that live on the inside of the lake...I can get satellite internet but it's $599 installation fee adn $59.95 a month and only 9x faster than dialup...{censored} that...

• Members

Originally posted by GuidanceOfSin

For the guys still on dial up.... Just go to your profile options and turn off the img option. All the photos show up as links and you can just click on what you want. Much faster that way. I was on dial up for years and got around fine.

+1

Plus you can turn off displaying avatars and turn off sigs too. And if you change it from displaying 25 posts per page to 100 you'll have less pages to load and instead have just one longer one at the beginning (meaning all those ads and extra stuff will only be loaded once instead of 4 times for every 100 posts).

Matt

• Members

Originally posted by ss454

I can't get anything but dialup where I'm at and I'm 15 min from downtown little rock. The reason is I live in the middle of a horse shoe lake and they won't run a line down there for just the people that live on the inside of the lake...I can get satellite internet but it's $599 installation fee adn $59.95 a month and only 9x faster than dialup...{censored} that...

Dude, Arkansas IS a dump.

Pro: You live on the lake

Con: Everything else, and the penalty is no high speed internet for you.

• 1 year later...

Archived