****!!METAL DRUM JAM!!**** Come lay somethin down!!

WillShrdForFood

• Members

WillShrdForFood: Killer take man. I really like the intro and playing was great as always.

Sim-P-Mortal: Holy crap dude. That sounded mean as Hell. I don't think I've ever heard your stuff on here before, but I definitely look forward to hearing a lot more of it. Good job.

gearo99: Very nice old shcool vibe and tone to this one. Excellent take.

VIOL8: Dude!!! Very In Flames' ish!! {censored}ing killer, bro.

Everyone's take gets a :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by ursus arctos

VIOL8, What settings are you using on the Flex? The clips sound really good.

Ill post it on CustomTone for you a bit later..

Freakin TU BE...everytime I think ive come up with something somewhat decent he comes along and takes my knees out. Killer playing as always man!

• Members

Originally posted by ursus arctos

VIOL8, What settings are you using on the Flex? The clips sound really good.

Alright..I posted it on CustomTone.com. Should be near the top...its titled 5150 7-7-8-9. I tried to come up with a 5150 type of sound. ANyways, I have a guitar exciter and blue tube in the FX Loop as well.

• Members
Originally posted by TU BE

WillShrdForFood: Killer take man. I really like the intro and playing was great as always.

Sim-P-Mortal: Holy crap dude. That sounded mean as Hell. I don't think I've ever heard your stuff on here before, but I definitely look forward to hearing a lot more of it. Good job.

gearo99: Very nice old shcool vibe and tone to this one. Excellent take.

VIOL8: Dude!!! Very In Flames' ish!! {censored}ing killer, bro.

Everyone's take gets a
:thu:

Cheers man!! Yeah thats the first jam on here ive done, i look forward to doing more! Check out my band if you're interested, its kinda thrash bordering on death metal,

As for your take dude, ace, love that grinding tone you've got, some real intersting riffage to, great!! Final Epitaph

• Members

Originally posted by VIOL8

Ill post it on CustomTone for you a bit later..

Freakin TU BE...everytime I think ive come up with something somewhat decent he comes along and takes my knees out. Killer playing as always man!

Not so, dude. Your takes always kick ass!

Thanks for the kind words though.

• Members
Originally posted by Sim-p-mortal

Cheers man!! Yeah thats the first jam on here ive done, i look forward to doing more! Check out my band if you're interested, its kinda thrash bordering on death metal,

As for your take dude, ace, love that grinding tone you've got, some real intersting riffage to, great!!
Final Epitaph

Thanks man. Your band kicks ass BTW!!! :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by VIOL8

Alright..I posted it on CustomTone.com. Should be near the top...its titled 5150 7-7-8-9. I tried to come up with a 5150 type of sound. ANyways, I have a guitar exciter and blue tube in the FX Loop as well.

Thanks man, much appreciated.

• Members
Originally posted by cobrahead1030

TUBE's clip sounds pretty badass, needs more riffing and less intro tho!
;)

i'll try to listen to the others later one...i've got the ending part of mine done, that intro is rackin my brain tho
:freak:

That one isn't my clip dude.

I don't have an intro. that's WillShrd's clip.

Here's mine:

Originally posted by TU BE

Here's my take.

Epiphone LP with EMG 85 in the bridge-----Randall RH250 G2 Series head-----Mesa Recto Cab w/ V30's

http://www.mp3lizard.com/download.cfm?id=21256

Cool. Now I get to hear everyone else's take.
:thu:

• Members
Originally posted by WillShrdForFood

KICKASS TU BE! I love your take bro, awesome as always. I updated my clip. I couldnt seem to come up with any cool {censored}, but oh well
:D

Thanks man.

Hey, put my clip up at the top, yo!:wave:

I'll check out your new clip tomorrow. I didn't think there was anything wrong with the first one, but everyone is their own worst critic I guess. :)

• Members

well {censored}, then his kicks ass...i'll listen to yours later
:freak:

Thanks man :D

I didnt think it was all that great. I've had riffers-block lately and havent been able to come up with anything all that great, but its still fun to do nonetheless :cool:

• Members

I wish I could write drum tracks. What software and {censored} do you use to do it?

i write the initial tracks using guitar pro, then i export them as a MIDI file, open that in fruity loops, and use it to trigger DFH2

here's a piece from a tune i started working on last week:

http://disvisioned.net/clips/cobrahead_drumjam1.mp3

it's something i've been meaning to do for a while, but i'm gonna take a stab at putting real snare and hi hats in to replace those samples for a more natural feel...maybe by next weekend i'll have that done

• Members

i write the initial tracks using guitar pro, then i export them as a MIDI file, open that in fruity loops, and use it to trigger DFH2

here's a piece from a tune i started working on last week:

it's something i've been meaning to do for a while, but i'm gonna take a stab at putting real snare and hi hats in to replace those samples for a more natural feel...maybe by next weekend i'll have that done

I've been wanting to do that with a Carcass midi drum backing I have. I have all the samples I want to use, but never could figure out how to do it. Think I could message you on AIM and you could give me a quick run thru on how to do it?

• Members

I've been wanting to do that with a Carcass midi drum backing I have. I have all the samples I want to use, but never could figure out how to do it. Think I could message you on AIM and you could give me a quick run thru on how to do it?

i could try, i honestly don't know much about it myself...i use the pre made midi maps in dfh2 so it makes it pretty easy for me; if i you could e mail me the midi file and samples i could try to create something similar

btw unless you're usually on AIM late at night (eastern time) it would be a few days before i'd have a chance to be on for more than 5 minutes

• Members

i could try, i honestly don't know much about it myself...i use the pre made midi maps in dfh2 so it makes it pretty easy for me; if i you could e mail me the midi file and samples i could try to create something similar

btw unless you're usually on AIM late at night (eastern time) it would be a few days before i'd have a chance to be on for more than 5 minutes

MIDI maps, are those big files? Is it something you could email me?

Archived