Boosted Marshall 800 clip. I am trying this amp out. NEED all the opinions I can get!

riffy

• Members
Originally posted by U R B&

hahah

i dont know what it is that i dont like about it. i will say this, its the same thing that i dont care for in pretty much all of your clips...compression maybe? i dont know...

the way you mix maybe?

i know i liked one of em...

the one that was like "last frickin try" at a good mix

i liked that one

It could well be all of the above...lol...
I don't mix worth a crap. And don't even get me started with mastering and multi-band compression and full mix eq. That
stuff is like a black art. The guys that are good at it, deserve
every friggin' penny and every freakin' point off of the record
sales they get!

IMHO, it is much harder to mix and master well than it is to play well...lol Most people don't put their chops and writing skills on display until they have reached an acceptable level of proficiency.
But to display those chops as clip or song form on the Internet, you have to record them. Then if you are a beginner in mixing and mastering, even the best playing can be covered up by the pure dreck and sloppiness of the mix. Back to square one. Practice mixing and mastering...lol...I will say in my partial defense only though, I have about the most ghetto recording system you have ever seen. Josh Frickin' Parsley's(insurrecton) recording setup looks like a major studio compared to mine...:eek::D

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by guidedbyechoes

drucifier(I think) has had the nicest sounding boosted tone from a marshall I've heard. That one just sounds weak to my ears.

Could be many factors that make it sound that way to you... Most all of them are my fault though...lol

Thanks for listening and taking your time to comment though! I really appreciate it man.

Gary

• Members

Hey Guys,
Thank you all so much for the kind comments and thank you all so much for listening to this clip.
After a lot of playing and thought today though, I think I am going to pass on this amp... Something just tells me it isn't right for me... I don't know what it is, but I just have that feeling.

But, I will hump it for good measure before I send it back!:evil:

Gary

• 3 months later...

Archived