Boosted Marshall 800 clip. I am trying this amp out. NEED all the opinions I can get!

riffy

• Members
Originally posted by IKilledSifoDyas

DOH!!!!! I didn't notice the track's name in the address bar
:rolleyes:
.Thanks for the compliment on my playing.I used a PODxt.

Hey I can't quarrell with you at all! You made and honest and totally correct observation! And I did dig your track! I am hearing
a lot of really great things out of the PODxt now... I am simply amazed how far modeling has come... Just stunned... It won't be long ya know?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by vlad

LOL!
:D
I just don't plead anymore... I keep the change... and save up. If I were you, I'd just slap a hotplate on that bad boy, throw you OD808 in front of it and screw the fx.
;):D

Well,
One good thing about pleading is, I can always offer enhanced sexual performance... You know... Motivated buyer and all...roflmao. Sometimes she buys it or lets me at least think she does.... Sometimes not...lol

• Members
Originally posted by riffy

Well,

One good thing about pleading is, I can always offer enhanced sexual performance... You know... Motivated buyer and all...roflmao. Sometimes she buys it or lets me at least think she does.... Sometimes not...lol

LOL! :D

You walk away a winner 2x's! Good work man!

• Members

Hey I can't quarrell with you at all! You made and honest and totally correct observation! And I did dig your track! I am hearing

a lot of really great things out of the PODxt now... I am simply amazed how far modeling has come... Just stunned... It won't be long ya know?

I'm not sure what patch I used for that jam,but it sounds ok I guess.Here's a short clip using my current favorite patch.I really like this tone:

http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?fid=3918

I love modeling,I don't care what anyone says.I've been playing for almost 24 years now and it's just the best solution for me.Besides my POD,I have a Vetta II combo that I love,especially since the update.I have a couple of patches on it that's I've tweaked to death to sound like some of clips I've collected (from Danyeo and JB) of a Mesa Mark IIc+.It sounds really (really) close to the clips.When you crank it up it just sings.

• Members

I'm not sure what patch I used for that jam,but it sounds ok I guess.Here's a short clip using my current favorite patch.I really like this tone:

I love modeling,I don't care what anyone says.I've been playing for almost 24 years now and it's just the best solution for me.Besides my POD,I have a Vetta II combo that I love,especially since the update.I have a couple of patches on it that's I've tweaked to death to sound like some of clips I've collected (from Danyeo and JB) of a Mesa Mark IIc+.It sounds really (really) close to the clips.When you crank it up it just sings.

Dude,

That sounds KILLER! You are a seriously fine player too! I had a V-Amp pro for a while. I thought it sounded really good too. I took it to a gig one night along with my Soldano Decatone, I didn't even plug into the Decatone. I just ran the V-amp Pro direct to the PA,

I swear, I think I have never had so many compliments on how my guitar was punchy and cut through the mix as well as just sounded simply great like that through the PA. Everyone swore that the Decatone was one of the best sounding amps they had ever heard. I just didn't have the heart to tell them that it was all V-Amp Pro direct...lol

• Members

Yes... you know your way around I guess...
:D;)

For sure, I really don't need a road map anymore, although I still like taking detours on occasion...roflmao... I had better stop this in case she walks in here...lol... Den I would be receivin' a radder hard SMACK upside da Rastamon's heed. Dat is da usual punishment dat I be receivin'.

• Members

For sure, I really don't need a road map anymore, although I still like taking detours on occasion...roflmao... I had better stop this in case she walks in here...lol... Den I would be receivin' a radder hard SMACK upside da Rastamon's heed. Dat is da usual punishment dat I be receivin'.

:D

Those detours lead much complaining on her part... ;):D

• Members
Originally posted by grumphh

Hmmm, listening for the fifth time, and i am not quite happy with the tone - but of course that may be different tastes.

To me there is a slight lack of body in the tone and maybe too pronounced nasally mids. It's very bright.

It is not much at all, and may well be a post production thing (or the voicing of the 10's), but it still bothers me.

Og course, this is only my personal (but honest) opinion - basically i just like my Marshalls meatier
:)

Nice playing
:)

I think I agree with this post a bit. It sure sounds like a JCM800 to me though. Sounds Very similar to my old 2204, but a lil Grainier. I pulled up an old {censored}ty clip I did with my old 2204 to compare. It has Bass & Drums too.
I can send you the clip to compare if ya want. It's not the best quality, but shows what I'm talking about. Might just be the MXR though. I used a Clean Boost from an SD-1.

It does sound great though, and Nice Playing. I like the riff.
I'd Take It if I were you!

• Members

Not too many...lol... Although I know not to speed or park in spots that are no parking!:eek:

• Members

Originally posted by sinnerx96

I think I agree with this post a bit. It sure sounds like a JCM800 to me though. Sounds Very similar to my old 2204, but a lil Grainier. I pulled up an old {censored}ty clip I did with my old 2204 to compare. It has Bass & Drums too.

I can send you the clip to compare if ya want. It's not the best quality, but shows what I'm talking about. Might just be the MXR though. I used a Clean Boost from an SD-1.

It does sound great though, and Nice Playing. I like the riff.

I'd Take It if I were you!

I agree with you here. I think that the grainy-ness has to do with the tubes that are in it now... Some cheap type of Chinese power tube called a Shoogang. ONe of the other posters was tellin' me that was just a cheap chinese power tube. I think I am going to get another set of Winged =C= tubes to stick in it... I find that the sd-1 messes with the mids as in congests them. I prefer the Maxon OD808 to be honest. It is a little less coloring of the tone.

Although the MXR can do a good job of it as well. I may need to boost the mids on the eq a bit though.

I also think the grainy-ness is what I am hearing as a "more aggressive" sound than my previous 800s as well though.

Thanks so much man!

Gary

• Members

LOL! They're all the same aren't they?
;)

Dey be mon. Da wimmenz are all evil littl' beasties that need to me tamed a bit tho....lol.. We just can't let dem know dat dey are being tamed a bit...

• Members

...I find that the sd-1 messes with the mids as in congests them. I prefer the Maxon OD808 to be honest. It is a little less coloring of the tone.

Although the MXR can do a good job of it as well. I may need to boost the mids on the eq a bit though.

I also think the grainy-ness is what I am hearing as a "more aggressive" sound than my previous 800s as well though.

Thanks so much man!

Gary

My 2204 was pretty agressive sounding. Just not at Grainy as that clip.

To be honest, I've not tryied That many pedals with it. Just some TS-9's, SD-1, Analog Man stuff, MXR Distortion+, TS-9 Modded to 808. And I think a Keeley TS-9(not sure).

The Tube Screamer varieties were definitely not for me. I hated that Mid Hump,...at least for what I was doing with the 2204. The SD-1 Does knock off some lows, but was my favorite of those. It sounded more aggressive. Never tried a Maxon.

• Members

Dude,

That sounds KILLER! You are a seriously fine player too!

Hey,thanks a lot man.I really appreciate that.I'll try and take part in some of your jams on here or over at Rig talk (I'm "shredi knight" over there if you didn't already guess my avatar) in the future.

• Members

Originally posted by sinnerx96

My 2204 was pretty agressive sounding. Just not at Grainy as that clip.

To be honest, I've not tryied That many pedals with it. Just some TS-9's, SD-1, Analog Man stuff, MXR Distortion+, TS-9 Modded to 808. And I think a Keeley TS-9(not sure).

The Tube Screamer varieties were definitely not for me. I hated that Mid Hump,...at least for what I was doing with the 2204. The SD-1 Does knock off some lows, but was my favorite of those. It sounded more aggressive. Never tried a Maxon.

I do hear what you mean exactly. Instead of crushed glass you are hearing shards of glass. The crushed version lends itself to a warmer sound in the mids. The shard version lends itself to a bit more grainy nature an seems to really cut through a bit more to my ears though... Course, I could be wack here!

• Members

Hey,thanks a lot man.I really appreciate that.I'll try and take part in some of your jams on here or over at Rig talk (I'm "shredi knight" over there if you didn't already guess my avatar) in the future.

Cool deal!!!!! I didn't know that! I would LOVE for you to play on things I do... I will warn ya do mon, I have ben into da reggae for bout da last week or so's mon...lol

Big hair, big grooves, bigger joints.

Guest Anonymous

Thanks man! The more I sit here playing the amp, and I am playing it freakin' dry, the more I am liking it. The Marshall 4x10 is really giving it a ton of punch. It is also scooping the mids out a bit as well due to the speakers. I have to be careful though as the cab will only handle 120 watts. I am pushing that for sure with the amp over 4 on the master. I hate to shred these speakers!

Gary

How much smaller is your 4x10 marshall cab vs a 4x12 cab? What are the 10" speakers in the cab, Celestions?

• Members
Originally posted by Jase2677

How much smaller is your 4x10 marshall cab vs a 4x12 cab? What are the 10" speakers in the cab, Celestions?

Ya know, that is a good question! I coudn't remember the dimensions of my old 4x12 Marhsall cabs... I had to look it up online just now... The Marshall 4x10 I have is guessing really quickly here is 24'x24x12.5.
the 4x12 I think is 30'x30'x14.5 inches. I hope that is correct as I don't have a tape handy here at the moment. And the speakers are Celestions... I made a mistake earlier in this thread where I said the power handling capacity was 120 watts. It is actually 140 watts!:eek:

• Members

Originally posted by U R B&

i think its too fizzy...trebley

That is cool, I guess we just have different ears. Your amp sounds dark to me... Mine sounds too bright to you...lol

Different strokes for different folks. BTW, I am still using

the JB pickup!

Gary

• Members

That is cool, I guess we just have different ears. Your amp sounds dark to me... Mine sounds too bright to you...lol

Different strokes for different folks. BTW, I am still using

the JB pickup!

Gary

hahah

i dont know what it is that i dont like about it. i will say this, its the same thing that i dont care for in pretty much all of your clips...compression maybe? i dont know...

the way you mix maybe?

i know i liked one of em...

the one that was like "last frickin try" at a good mix

i liked that one

• Members

i really think its compression on the mix...

it reminds me of this

http://mp4.centurymedia.com/audio/syl_{censored}storm.mp3

which is awesome, but i think its just over comrpessed...but yours is even more!

but wtf do i nkow about mixing..i dont even know HOW to compress a track

:confused: :confused: :confused:

thats all i got for ya

it just sounds like my ears have popped from alititude, while im listeing to a guitar clip

Archived