US troops under investigation for rape, child murder in Iraq

Simon Garlick

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by Deuterium

:confused:
:confused: Did you mean to quote me? Because I don't understand your comment, especially in the context of my prior post.

I was mocking "The Idiot", it wasnt supposed to make any sense.
Everything you said was 100% true.

• Members

Originally posted by aliensex

Hahaha, advocating national sovereignty is anti-American?

no, but calling soldiers who die in combat "retards" is, as is having an endless endeavor to turn this into another My Lai when it is no such thing.

• Members

Sad and yes its a % just like society in general..

War SUCKS ASS, but sometimes bull{censored} happens (cant imagine the duress/stress these poor guys are under, it must suck!)

1 thing i noticed for a while now is how 95% of the stories that the so called "thinkers - free press" report are car bombs, suicides, Guantanimo, torture, haditha, rape, etc..

While these stories CLEARLY deserves to be reported, its amazing how you dont hear anything else about that place, just bad story after bad story after bad headline..

Anyone else see the OBVIOUS AGENDA DRIVEN BIAS here? What a sham/fraud the these people are.. :freak::wave:

• Members
Originally posted by Z_Zoquis

Bathory has it about right. Combat creates extreme circumstances and sometimes bad things happen. There's bad apples in every organization and the military isn't immune. The important thing is that when this stuff comes to light regarding the US (or Canadian, or British or any other Western democratic force) it's investigated and those responsible are held accountable. Otoh, when was the last time you heard of any similar investigation by the Taliban or Al Queda of it's own combatants? I guess none of those dudes must ever do anything bad eh? They must obviously be better trained and more in control than the US forces...
:rolleyes:

Correct.

• Members
Originally posted by ***1776***

While these stories CLEARLY deserves to be reported, its amazing how you dont hear anything else about that place, just bad story after bad story after bad headline..

Anyone else see the OBVIOUS AGENDA DRIVEN BIAS here? What a sham/fraud the these people are..
:freak::wave:

You like war, don't you? You like "nice" war stories in which everyone goes home to cookies and milk, don't you?

• Members

Originally posted by Loghead

You like war, don't you? You like "nice" war stories in which everyone goes home to cookies and milk, don't you?

How about the "nice" story of dethroning an evil dictator who used sarin nerve gas to kill 5000 kurds?? sounds nice to me. but what do I know, Im rational.

• Members

Originally posted by fancynapkin

How about the "nice" story of dethroning an evil dictator who used sarin nerve gas to kill 5000 kurds?? sounds nice to me. but what do I know, Im rational.

I thought we had heard that one already. Are you suggesting that we replay it again and again?

• Members

Originally posted by Loghead

I thought we had heard that one already. Are you suggesting that we replay it again and again?

Did you hear the one about the 1.7 tons of enriched uranium removed from Iraq? Or how about the 500 wmd's of sarin and mustard gas? No? Or what about the numorous mass graves dug up, filled up with innocent women and children, all slaughtered by saddam?

• Members

Did you hear the one about the 1.7 tons of enriched uranium removed from Iraq? Or how about the 500 wmd's of sarin and mustard gas? No? Or what about the numorous mass graves dug up, filled up with innocent women and children, all slaughtered by saddam?

Yes, I did hear those stories. They were covered by the news sources to which I subscribe. So what?

• Members

Originally posted by potaetoes

of course it's best to ignore that the allegations are being made by our own military officials.

And regular criminal allegations here at home are made by our own District Attorney and police officials, does that mean you're guilty from the onset of the allegation? NO.

And if this war is about stealing oil, why the {censored} am I paying over $3 a gallon and rising?

• Members

If the U.S. has a moral obligation to invade countries with evil dictators, who's next? How?

If you're justifying atrocities committed by American troops by citing atrocities committed by the ousted dictator's regime, how can you maintain the moral high ground required for a mandate to police the world?

I agree that disrespecting soldiers is a dick move, but it's different from disagreeing with the war they're engaged in. I don't particularly enjoy Schoenberg's music, but that doesn't mean that I don't respect musicians who would perform it.

• Members

Originally posted by TattooedCarrot

And if this war is about stealing oil, why the {censored} am I paying over $3 a gallon and rising?

The war is a part of a bigger plan to stabilize the Mideast in order to get the oil the U.S. needs and in a larger sense to establish a glorious pax Americana. Oil prices are rising because the plan is failing abysmally.

• Members

If the U.S. has a moral obligation to invade countries with evil dictators, who's next? How?

If you're justifying atrocities committed by American troops by citing atrocities committed by the ousted dictator's regime, how can you maintain the moral high ground required for a mandate to police the world?

Whos next? Well right now the line up looks like Iran, then probally North Korea.

And no, my intent wasnt to justify their actions, they are going to be tried for it. The US military doesnt let this type of stuff slide.

I agree that disrespecting soldiers is a dick move, but it's different from disagreeing with the war they're engaged in. I don't particularly enjoy Schoenberg's music, but that doesn't mean that I don't respect musicians who would perform it.

Yes, there is no problem with being against the war, but some of the comments on here are a clear shot at the troops trying to do their jobs.

• Members

The war is a part of a bigger plan to stabilize the Mideast in order to get the oil the U.S. needs and in a larger sense to establish a glorious pax Americana. Oil prices are rising because the plan is failing abysmally.

keep pulling stuff out of your ass and you might get a hemroid. watch out!

• Members

Whos next? Well right now the line up looks like Iran, then probally North Korea.

And no, my intent wasnt to justify their actions, they are going to be tried for it. The US military doesnt let this type of stuff slide.

if the press had to wait untill the military tried, and (if applicable) punished the people who did bad things on the battlefield, there would be no drama for them to report

• Members

keep pulling stuff out of your ass and you might get a hemroid. watch out!

Huh? Bush is saying this in every speech he gives, he is on a mission to spread freedom around the world, and according to the doctrine, freedom begets stability. However, the U.S. isn't doing a very good job shoving freedom down Iraqi throats at the moment, the region is still unstable, and therefore the grand neoconservative foreign policy plan is failing abysmally. I don't think that the war's main focus is oil, but oil is a very nice benefit and a definite interest.

Also, PNAC has some really enlightening neocon foreign policy stuff on their website, and a huge chunk of White House policy architects are/were members.

• Members

Huh? Bush is saying this in every speech he gives, he is on a mission to spread freedom around the world, and according to the doctrine, freedom begets stability. However, the U.S. isn't doing a very good job shoving freedom down Iraqi throats at the moment, the region is still unstable, and therefore the grand neoconservative foreign policy plan is failing abysmally. I don't think that the war's main focus is oil, but oil is a very nice benefit and a definite interest.

Also, PNAC has some really enlightening neocon foreign policy stuff on their website, and a huge chunk of White House policy architects are/were members.

failing abysmally is beyond a hyperbole. your choosing to ignore the progress we make.

And Iraq was plenty stable with Saddam in power, and he had no problems selling us oil.

• Members

I don't think I've seen a bigger anti-american, defeatist, communist on this entire forum. congrats!

So ?? is that all bad things ? If yes, can you please let us all know what is so bad about it?

• Members
Originally posted by Monkey see

So ?? is that all bad things ? If yes, can you please let us all know what is so bad about it?

LOL! :D

If you gotta be told, then you're a huge asshole... :D

• Members

Were did you get this info from ?? Are those facts? Can you please post a link or something ?? FOX News right ? :thu:

Cuz that all sounds like somebody told you, who you should not really believe in the first place.

• Members
Originally posted by Monkey see

Were did you get this info from ?? Are those facts? Can you please post a link or something ?? FOX News right ?
:thu:

Cuz that all sounds like somebody told you, who you should not really believe in the first place.

Sorry bud that was ALL over the news... not just FOX... ;)

Have you even watched FOX News? Or do you just assume that it's some wretched Right-wing propoganda machine based on the wisdom provided on this board?

Archived