US troops under investigation for rape, child murder in Iraq

Simon Garlick

• Members

Originally posted by ***1776***

Do you truly believe the media is 100% down the middle on this? showing both sides? (seriously) - Thats all im saying nothing more, nothing less..

"The media" is too vague a term. "Media" could include television sitcoms, cartoons, or any random idiot. My news sources are National Public Radio, the News Hour with Jim Lehrer, and the New York Times (occasionally the Wall Street Journal).

Yes, I think they present the news fairly. I am no longer sure what "objective" reporting is, so I concern myself less with it.

I'm not sure how to interpret "middle."

When it comes to reading, viewing, listening to the news, my bottom line is this: one must be taught how to read the news. It's a skill. I don't accept information at face value. By the way, one of the fundamentals of becoming news savvy is to read the paper over a long stretch of time (ten years or so).

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

trying to understand what's happening in our country, or the rest of the world is such a complicated pile of bull{censored}...you can't turn on any news network and get a full story on ANYTHING anymore, it's all slanted one way or the other

you have to keep tabs on every major news outlet, and pay close attention to what some make a huge deal about, and others let pass within a few hours of breaking it

• Members

Originally posted by Esperanto

nobody loves to argue politics more than me..

But please keep it in SSS

Pleae don't let this anti-American propoganda bull{censored}...clutter the amp forum

Jesus christ...Is there one place I can go where assholes aren't bashing America?

Most of the people doing this are pretty politically inept. Or political shills. I'd not worry too much about it.

Archived