I'm ampless.....

voivod

• Members

I have only 300 dollars to spend,what can I possibly get with that.......should I just save up 200 dollars more to get a mid priced amp.....I would love to spend more but being that I'm married and have an assload of bills,my choices are limited....

amps I'm considering

Peavey Ultra

Carvin x100b

Peavey vtm 120

Ampeg vh140-c (this one seems reliable since it's solid state)

Thanks guys!!:thu:

• Members

Dude, go for the Carvin! As a matter of fact, there's a guy in TX that was selling one around here for a great price. Unfortunately, I can't remember his user name! :(

I've had a X100B for years and you just can't beat it for the $$$

:thu:

• Members

Both of the Peavey's are good amps and Ampeg is for sure. Not familiar with the Carvin but it might be good as well. I know skyhighrocks has an ultra and he really digs it. For a couple hundred more bucks you would have a lot bigger selection though.

• Members

Originally posted by voivod

.....I would love to spend more but being that I'm married and have an assload of bills,my choices are limited....

Ahh, doesn't marriage sound appealing? Throw in the kid factor and you're done for good.

• Members

Originally posted by oryan

Ahh, doesn't marriage sound appealing? Throw in the kid factor and you're done for good.

You know i'm married and in the last two years I have got two heads, a cabinet and three new guitars. Granted I sold some stuff to get some of it but I have a wife and two kids so it's not necessarily over yet. Having said that if I had no kids I would probably own about five more guitars and at least another couple amps :)

• Members

Originally posted by Sordid1

You know i'm married and in the last two years I have got two heads, a cabinet and three new guitars. Granted I sold some stuff to get some of it but I have a wife and two kids so it's not necessarily over yet. Having said that if I had no kids I would probably own about five more guitars and at least another couple amps
:)

From my perspective, you are an exception to the rule. I'm at that age where most of my musician friends are married and when that happens, they pretty much sell all their stuff or it sits in their garage collecting dust. The drummer in my band is having issues with his wife not wanting him to practice three days a week. I get the feeling she doesn't want him playing in a band at all.

Glad you have such a cool wife.

• Members

Originally posted by oryan

From my perspective, you are an exception to the rule. I'm at that age where most of my musician friends are married and when that happens, they pretty much sell all their stuff or it sits in their garage collecting dust. The drummer in my band is having issues with his wife not wanting him to practice three days a week. I get the feeling she doesn't want him playing in a band at all.

Glad you have such a cool wife.

I have no doubts i'm a lucky guy and if I weren't in a regularly gigging band she might have issues with it. The other guys in my band have just as cool of wives, my drummers wife actually bought him his Ludwig Classic Maple kit which wasn't cheap by any stretch. My wife did by me my Gflex so i'm definitely a happy man!

• Members

Look for a Crate G1500. One of the best SS amps made for melodic metal. Listen to early White Lion's lead guitar tone.

150watts at 4 ohms and can sound like a Boogie or a Marshall and has an excellent clean channel as well.

For under $200 they are a steal. CC DeVille used a similar amp, although I wouldn't use the sound he got as a reference because they can sound way better than that.

• Members

Those Carvin x amps are very nice & a good value for what they sell for used ($250-$350 last time I checked).

However, given that you're in a bad cash position, you might want to look at SS (gasp!) to avoid the cost of retubing.

*waits to be stoned* :freak:

• Members
Originally posted by rog951

Dude, go for the Carvin! As a matter of fact, there's a guy in TX that was selling one around here for a great price. Unfortunately, I can't remember his user name!
:(

I've had a X100B for years and you just can't beat it for the $$$

yeah If you can remember who it is...pm me!

• Members
Originally posted by rememberduane

What kind of music do you play?

I like everything from,zeppelin,thin lizzy,AIC,trouble,early metallica,opeth to death metal....a wide plethora of tastes in rock and metal

• Members
Originally posted by Paragraph51

Look for a Crate G1500. One of the best SS amps made for melodic metal. Listen to early White Lion's lead guitar tone.

150watts at 4 ohms and can sound like a Boogie or a Marshall and has an excellent clean channel as well.

For under $200 they are a steal. CC DeVille used a similar amp, although I wouldn't use the sound he got as a reference because they can sound way better than that.

are you talking about the "open up" album ? (god why do I know that?!) I wasn't too thrilled how that sounded,I thought he needed some more "stink" on that sound.....

• Members

There's a Laney VC30 2x10 here for $350 shipped. I think I still have the guys email. It's like new.

Over at the Fender Forum there's a Fender Blues Jr. with Bill M mods and a Blue Dog Speaker for $350(?).

Also a Traynor YCV20WR at the F-F for around that, too.

• Members

I'll probably get kicked out of the amp forum for typing this but what about the line6 Spyder II? For $200 you can get very usable tones. I have owned dozens and dozens of tube amps and in my opinion, these amps don't suck and (I'll get flamed for this) sound at least as good as the ones you mentioned.

I have only 300 dollars to spend,what can I possibly get with that.......should I just save up 200 dollars more to get a mid priced amp.....I would love to spend more but being that I'm married and have an assload of bills,my choices are limited....

amps I'm considering

Peavey Ultra

Carvin x100b

Peavey vtm 120

Ampeg vh140-c (this one seems reliable since it's solid state)

Thanks guys!!

• Members
Originally posted by came2play

There's a Laney VC30 2x10 here for $350 shipped. I think I still have the guys email. It's like new.

Over at the Fender Forum there's a Fender Blues Jr. with Bill M mods and a Blue Dog Speaker for $350(?).

Also a Traynor YCV20WR at the F-F for around that, too.

yeah,I already heve a 2x12 cab, I'm not sure if the laney would work....my cab is 8ohms

• Members

yeah,I already heve a 2x12 cab, I'm not sure if the laney would work....my cab is 8ohms

I'm pretty sure that would work. It has an ext speaker jack, too.

Two 10s & two 12s would be killer. I'll PM you his address.

• Members
Originally posted by came2play

I'm pretty sure that would work. It has an ext speaker jack, too.

Two 10s & two 12s would be killer. I'll PM you his address.

yeah do that,I'm an opeth freak too

Archived