Eruption------------81 JCM 800------------

c2dzmm

• Members

wonder what recording software you can get for a fair price that is good? I used a free program from the net--sound was quite different in person--but recorded sounded solid state like to me, but ???

• Members

Originally posted by Junkhead

just get a toneport

yeah, but make sure it's the ALL TUBE toneport, make sure you ask for that when you call GC, they exist and don't let anyone tell you differently

• Members

did you turn on the MIC boost in the sound card "record in" mixing panel ? It's a 15 db boost and it sounds like you didn't have this option checked ? Did you record it with a mic ?

I don't use that software (creative {censored}e ) with that card. The drivers I use are Kx Audio Project. Much better fidelity and far better record options/mixer/interface to use with the Audigy 2. Real 24/96 recording with the Kx stuff and best of all it's free and won't crash your system like that creative crap will.

That being said these guys are right ...the toneport is far easier to use with much less fuss than the Aud 2 card.

• Members
Originally posted by Ray18

yeah, but make sure it's the ALL TUBE toneport, make sure you ask for that when you call GC, they exist and don't let anyone tell you differently

:mad:

you forgot to mention to him to make sure its a PTP toneport :mad:

• Members

I recorded with an sm57 to the back of my computer and then with a free program from the net. I placed the sm 57 2in. back from the cloth and between cone and outer edge---------speakers were celestion 75's.

• Members

You really need something to boost the mic's sound going into your computer. A small and cheap mixer would do the trick. They
have mic preamps on board. They may not be high dollar preamps but they will be clean going in as long as you carefully watch your recording levels, both in and out.

Man, and these guys that are posting in your thread dare to call me a troll. At the very least I am willing to try and help people.

There is a sound card made by M-Audio that is 24/96 that you can buy online new for around $99 and that will give you excellent sound quality.

~C~

• Members

Originally posted by CARNAGE

There is a sound card made by M-Audio that is 24/96 that you can buy online new for around $99 and that will give you excellent sound quality.

~C~

yeah, but it's solid state. Troll

• Members

Originally posted by Ray18

I hope our fellow will at least get a little information from this thread.

People wonder why they say the amp forum sucks among the members of other forums coming here to ask questions though.

I can see it.

~C~

• Members
Originally posted by PoPSkuLL

Your incessant whinings sound solid state to me... Tr0olz
[/quote

If that is the case is he a 1 or a 0 ?
:D

Just kidding Ray...

1 and 0 = digital :(

• Members

People wonder why they say the amp forum sucks among the members of other forums coming here to ask questions though.

I can see it.

I call horse {censored}.

I can see how rumors get started though. Funny how you keep coming here yet obviously annoy both the Mods and Members. Just leave, or as Scott used to say, "Please stick to one moniker". Unless you are banned already, LOL. Or, maybe you don't want us to know who is really behind your deceit.

CARNAGE

Archived