Emergency SPAM: Framus Cobra

Beastly

• Members

Ok, so for a couple weeks ive been wanting to sell it, then not wanting to sell it, but now its looking like i dont have a choice.

2005 Framus Cobra though its 6 months old

external bias

footswitch included

never gigged, all stock

Beautiful amp, but im broke as

looking for 1700US ish

but i need to sell so make an offer

I would still consider partial trades on SG Standards and US Strats, but i need some money in there for sure.

oh yeah and BEING BROKE SUCKS!

Thanks

• Members

uhh no....might be someone else, ive never done anything on ebay.......its scary :cry:

though its been suggested to me several times

I almost went through with listing it once, but between paypal fees and ebay fees, it started sounding like a alot.

thanks for the bump kind sir ;)

• Members

i have it on usedottawa.com (at 2K, but id come down a good dose from that, that was the price when i had no desperation to sell), ill put it on the OM tonite for sure, but GuitarsCanada have minimum posts to have SPAM and i aint got enough

Hey Lucius.....cheers lucuis.......please lucius hahaha

and thanks goo

• Members

Originally posted by juby

Ok, so for a couple weeks ive been wanting to sell it, then not wanting to sell it, but now its looking like i dont have a choice.

2005 Framus Cobra though its 6 months old

external bias

footswitch included

never gigged, all stock

Beautiful amp, but im broke as

looking for 1700US ish

but i need to sell so make an offer

I would still consider partial trades on SG Standards and US Strats, but i need some money in there for sure.

oh yeah and BEING BROKE SUCKS!

Thanks

That's way more than I ever paid for a Cobra. What did you pay for it new? When you left the store it was worth 3/4th of that, and at 6 months it was worth 7/8ths of that 3/4ths of the price you paid. After you buy an item, it is worth what you bought it for minus 1/2 the difference between the stores cost and what you paid for it. Let's say the store paid $700 for it, and you paid $1400 for it, then it would be worth $350 less than what you paid, or $1050 the moment it left the store, except as being returned for refund. So, since they list for $2800, then they cost the store about $1150, and since you ask $1700, you're suggesting that you paid $2250 for the amp new, and haven't yet opened the box since you brought it home from the store.

However, if the warranty is generous and transferable to the new owner then it's worth 10% more than if it isn't.

So, like new condition and 2 and 1/2 years left of a 3 year transferable warranty at $1700... Now it's time to see what stores can sell a new one to you for, and then what their demo and blemish items go for with full warranty coverage.

But, if its worth $1700, and not just to yourself, then someone will pay $1700 for it, regardless if they have tended to sell for $1100-$1400 on the norm. So, there are a lot things that can hlp you figure out what the best price to expect to sell or pay for any piece of gear is acceptably within the limits.

But, don't get defensive about it, and stick to your guns as I'm not intending to ruffle any feathers here, I just wanted to point out that there is a standard measure for value and depreciation amongst expensive items.

• Members

anything, an offer.....US, CAN, PESO! lol

i will explain a little further
i paid 1860 US for it new
it has left the apt like 5 times, to some jams
the {censored}ty part for me is the exchange was worse then....its a smokin deal for a canadian as it cost like 2600 by the time it got to me etc....i understand its much less a smokin deal to an american cuz 1860 is still 1860......but.....im open to offers, 1700 CAN would do it at this point for sure

anyway, i understand your point, but i dont know what to say, i guess the only gear you regret selling for the rest of your life is hte {censored} you nearly gave away, or something

• Members

Originally posted by juby

anything, an offer.....US, CAN, PESO! lol

i will explain a little further

i paid 1860 US for it new

it has left the apt like 5 times, to some jams

the {censored}ty part for me is the exchange was worse then....its a smokin deal for a canadian as it cost like 2600 by the time it got to me etc....i understand its much less a smokin deal to an american cuz 1860 is still 1860......but.....im open to offers, 1700 CAN would do it at this point for sure

anyway, i understand your point, but i dont know what to say, i guess the only gear you regret selling for the rest of your life is hte {censored} you nearly gave away, or something

You got a good price for it, and the amp isn't real common in NA, and I've seen them sold brand new for as much as $2400, and you actually wound up paying far more for it than the unit's intitial cost of $1860. Was the $2600 US or Canadian? Nevermind, in whatever currency its value, if it's mint, is about $1706 based on that $2600 figure. You actually priced it fairly, if based on the gross expenses incurred in obtaining it and not simply the amp's net cost of $1860.

• Members

not yet.....but if crunch comes to crunch its the only real offer ive had. theres a possibility it's going to a local guy for 1600 can (no shipping involved), so for 1400 US shipped, i'll definelty have to see this local prospect through.

but its damn tempting and im not gonna rule it out :cry:

just not quite yet at 14

Archived