Any glassjaw fans?

FWAxeIbanez

• Members

I LOVE glassjaw. One of my favorites for sure. There is no album on the planet in any way similar to Worship & Tribute.

Head Automatica was good on Decedence, but I heard some of the newer album and thought it was just Daryl Palumbo trying to get on the radio. Huge disappointment.

WE NEED A NEW GLASSJAW ALBUM.

• Members

Originally posted by danbronson

I LOVE glassjaw. One of my favorites for sure. There is no album on the planet in any way similar to Worship & Tribute.

Head Automatica was good on Decedence, but I heard some of the newer album and thought it was just Daryl Palumbo trying to get on the radio. Huge disappointment.

I love daryl, so I don't care if he wants airtime or whatever, he deserves it in my opinion. And yeah we do need a new GJ record, hopefully once this sideproject {censored} clears they will record one.

• Members

Originally posted by godhacks

I love daryl, so I don't care if he wants airtime or whatever, he deserves it in my opinion. And yeah we do need a new GJ record, hopefully once this sideproject {censored} clears they will record one.

"airtime" is bull{censored}. anyone with some talent who wants to appeal to the lowest common denominator can get it. i don't know why he wants to waste his time making mediocre music when he has a band as powerful as glassjaw, and one that was as fun and upbeat as head automatica.

i'd rather be loved by a few than be merely glanced at by millions, but i guess daryl disagrees.

• Members

"airtime" is bull{censored}. anyone with some talent who wants to appeal to the lowest common denominator can get it. i don't know why he wants to waste his time making mediocre music when he has a band as powerful as glassjaw, and one that was as fun and upbeat as head automatica.

i'd rather be loved by a few than be merely glanced at by millions, but i guess daryl disagrees.

I'm digging popaganda or whatever the new one is called, but I love Glassjaw a lot more. I agree it is pretty {censored}ing poppy, but I still like it. I've never heard them on the radio, so I dunno if it's actually working. It seems like he's having a lot of fun doing it. He has so many other bands he could be working with, so he must like doing what he's doing.

• Members

From the posts I've read from you, I know we'd be jammin if we lived anywhere close... you dig Pretty Girls Make Graves at all?

• Members

agreed. i didn't mind that glassjaw was done as much because i liked the first head record. the new one however looks to be a POS. :(

• Members

I went to see Throwdown and Remembering Never last summer (horrible show) and they announced that Glassjaw was going to come play. They are from that area so I really thought it was gunna happen but some of the members couldn't get there or something. I was sooo pissed.

• Members

Glassjaw has got to be one of my favorite bands ever. I've never heard anything like them before or since then. Huge guitar textures! Best. Vocals. Ever. And single pedal bassdrum parts that would show up many double pedal players...and two totally different bass players on the full length albums.

I really like the first Head Automatica, Dan did a really good job producing it, all the big beat/breaks stuff is great.

I'm warming up to Popaganda...as long as I skip that first tune, I can deal with it. Sure, it's hooky pop-garage...but, his lyrics are very sarcastic, and I think it's obvious that he's feeling out of place with where that album can take the band...still, he's got a great voice and can do anything he wants with it. Good guitar tone on there too!

• Members

Well considering I live about a mile from where Daryl grew up and I'm only about 5 years younger...

I love Glassjaw, though I dont think you'll be seeing them again, though I have heard rumors that Beck and Daryl were writing some again, everything else I know is that GJ is done. I should ask a friend of mine who jams with Beck all the time about it.

Anyway, nice to see appreciation. Not typically my type of music, but GJ is just awesome.

• Members

I just listened to Worship And Tribute again the other day. They were/are something else.

When they were going to tour last August, which unfortunately was cancelled because Daryl ended up having to have yet another surgery, they said that they were going to be playing new songs.

Considering that they may never get around to touring, I just wish they'd record it already. :(

• Members

Originally posted by OneArmedScissors

I just listened to Worship And Tribute again the other day. They were/are something else.

When they were going to tour last August, which unfortunately was cancelled because Daryl ended up having to have yet another surgery, they said that they were going to be playing new songs.

Considering that they may never get around to touring, I just wish they'd record it already.
:(

+1

Daryl's gone through hell with his medical conditions. I think he'd be a lot more well known if it weren't for his problems.

Archived