Any Tragically Hip fans out there?

la0tsu

• Members

They {censored}ing SUCK!!!

There's a reason why they're huge in Canada and virtually unknown everywhere else. The music is little more than basic blues progressions played with the enthusiasm of a typical bar band playing at 2 am to a couple of drunks and barmaids cleaning up for the night. Add to that an incredibly annoying "singer" who sounds like he add libs everything while going on about obscure Canadian trivia and presto; you have the Tragically Hip.

Yes I hate them:mad:
I can name a million better Canadian bands.

• Members

I didn't ask if there were idiot assholes out there - I already knew the answer to that.

Road Apples is great, Fully Completely is great, Day for Night is awesome, and Phantom Power is one of the best albums of all time, IMHO.

I haven't been too impressed by their last couple albums, though.

• Members

Originally posted by la0tsu

I didn't ask if there were idiot assholes out there - I already knew the answer to that.

Road Apples is great, Fully Completely is great, Day for Night is awesome, and Phantom Power is one of the best albums of all time, IMHO.

So anyone with a differing opinion is an "idiot asshole?" Is your asshole an idiot? If your asshole is in fact an idiot you should get that checked out in order to avoid any further brain damage:p

• Members

the problem is with canadian radio. we only get to hear the two most popular songs from any band. i measn i know the stones only have " satisfaction and sympathy... and santana has those horrible songs withe those awefull guests. thing is the ruling body didctates that 90 % of music be canadian content, well thats good for canadian bands, but it sucks if you dont like em... wich by the way , i {censored}ing hate the hip!!:D

• Members
Originally posted by MRscratch

the problem is with canadian radio. we only get to hear the two most popular songs from any band. i measn i know the stones only have " satisfaction and sympathy... and santana has those horrible songs withe those awefull guests. thing is the ruling body didctates that 90 % of music be canadian content, well thats good for canadian bands, but it sucks if you dont like em... wich by the way , i {censored}ing hate the hip!!
:D

Calgary's rock stations play dozens of hip songs, not just a couple. It's torture.

Who wants to listen to some guy who can't sing crying and whining about some hockey player that disappeared, or the hundredth meridian, or some dude that was 38 years old and never kissed a girl....BORING.

• Members
Originally posted by Electric_Porpoise

And the metalheads come out in flocks to add their input about how much the hip 'sucks'.

New to you,

Slayer sucks, not the Hip.

:thu:

Not a true metalhead here.
We have much better talen then those douches.

Bryan Adams >>>> Hip

• Members
Originally posted by Electric_Porpoise

And the metalheads come out in flocks to add their input about how much the hip 'sucks'.

New to you,

Slayer sucks, not the Hip.

Odds are I listen to and enjoy more styles of music than you even knew existed. The hip blow ass.

• Members

Originally posted by thegame

So anyone with a differing opinion is an "idiot asshole?" Is your asshole an idiot? If your asshole is in fact an idiot you should get that checked out in order to avoid any further brain damage:p

It's not the opinion, it's the manner of expression.

• Members
Originally posted by MetalGuitar08

I am a metalhead, and here's new to you: Slayer sucks.
:wave:
So do the Hip.

I must respectfully disagree on both points. Though I personally much prefer the lyrical content of the Hip.

• Members

Originally posted by Locky

I like em, one of fav prog-blues type bands. The singer is definately an aquired taste, and their tones are always top notch.

Agreed. Also, I'm a huge fan of the guitar interplay. It gives them such a full sound, and detail.

Archived