A tribute to my Father. A man I am proud of and hope to emulate.

riffy

• Members
Originally posted by psychodave

Hey, we cant forget the brave MEN and WOMEN fighting right now over in Iraq and the middle-east. They are do'ers and deserve our respect and gratitude. Like your grandfather, they are fighting for the best country in the world! Without them, the valor your grandfather gave us in WWII may be forgotten.
:thu:

You are more than correct! Those men and women over there deserve and should DEMAND the respect of all Americans... Even
if you are against the reason why we are involved, our fighting men and women deserve our respect, thanks and gratitude for all the sacrifices that they and their families are making on our behalf's.

Truer words than you said were never spoken!

Gary

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Dropped_2_C

hell ya congrats you got a strong willed fatther. god bless man, take care keep it easy down in roanoake

Thanks much bro!!!!! I really appreciate it and you!

Take care buddy!

Gary

• Members
Originally posted by Ben J

And what is "to emu"?
:freak:

Emulate. My title got cut short:D

The first thread was closed and now has been edited down to 2 pages by mods because someone that needs to be banned came in and started stinking the thread up... Everyone was on him about it but he just kept it up, so, the thread was closed and edited out.

Gary

• Members

Originally posted by riffy

Emulate. My title got cut short:D

The first thread was closed and now has been edited down to 2 pages by mods because someone that needs to be banned came in and started stinking the thread up... Everyone was on him about it but he just kept it up, so, the thread was closed and edited out.

Gary

Great story man-- you should be proud. It is a shame if someone came in and started a {censored}fest on a story like that.

• Members

Originally posted by shegobblescock

Great story man-- you should be proud. It is a shame if someone came in and started a {censored}fest on a story like that.

Thank you! I truly am proud. I am also very glad to say that my 18 year old son and my dad are best friends. If one bit of my dad rubs off on my son, he will be a far better man than I could ever hope to be...

Gary

• Members

Cool thread and thanks for sharing Riffy.

Kudos to your dad, that punk had it coming. Sad that it happens so much today. Up here there is a big trend towards crime against the elderly. I really think it's sick.

Wish the world could clone off your dad and others like him to straiten out all the mess we are in. Not that our young military men are not worthy of respect, but they could sure use a few extra good leaders, I feel.

Rob

• Members

Thanks Mitch! I will... Screamin' Eagles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keiffer, I do everyday... I truly do... He and my 18 year old son are best friends too... I am so glad that he is around to teach my son what it is to be a REAL man...

Gary

HOLY {censored} riffy! Your son is 18?

I know I started late, but my daughter is only 13...soon to be 14.

I sense "gandpa" in your immediate future. :wave:

• Members

Riffy, I to am the son of an American hero. My 84 year old dad is a marine combat veteran of the Pacific in WWII. He engaged in heavy fighting on Gaum, and Iwo Jima and other islands in the South Pacific. He truely is the bravest man I have ever known.

I salute your Father and all how put ther lifes on hold and peril so we, as American and a big part of the world, can live our lifes with liberty and security.

• Members

My father turns 82 years of age next month. He was a Special Police in the 101st Airborne Division during WWII. He doesn't talk about it much though. I think it was pretty traumatic be honest.

He landed at Normandy. As a SP his job was to stand and hold. Not to dive into foxholes but to stand and hold. He make it... Thank God, or I wouldn't be here...lol

Anyway, today, he was at Walmart in the plant department. Seems there was no one or hardly anyone around at all in that department. He had gone to pick up potting soil for some plants of my mothers that he was transplanting... Some 22 year old punk started hassling him for his wallet. He wouldn't give it.

He said the kid pushed him and when he did my dad bent down and grabbed a handful of plant dirt. He threw it in the guys eyes and then kicked him in the nuts... Then after that my dad hit him square on the jaw and scooted back in the store... The police caught the guy...lol...

Hurrah for my Dad!

Gary

Hurrah for your Dad :)

Archived