'57 Tweed Twin

Loghead

• Members

Originally posted by rememberduane

The low powered Tweed Twin is simply a holy grail amp. As in... the best I've heard or played.

But at that price... Victoria.

Well, you make a good point. Isn't the Victoria even more expensive? I'll have to check.

Now that I've done a little checking (Vicotria's site isn't the best), I can't figure out which is there version of the Twin.

• Members

Originally posted by AlNelson

You can start w/ Weber's tweed twin or 5E5A kit, keep the iron, cab and speakers, gut the rest and build an excellent one.

Oh, I'm sure. But I don't think I'm up to another project. They take me a loooong time.

• Members

Originally posted by rememberduane

Yep, it's the 50212. You can get a used one about that price or maybe a bit less from what I understand though.

Of the Victoria line, the Double Deluxe looks most interesting to me.

• Members

Originally posted by Loghead

Of the Victoria line, the Double Deluxe looks most interesting to me.

I just heard that in the other Deluxe thread and I thought it sounded great. I passed on the Tweed Twin RI for a Tweed Bassman RI and a 65 Twin RI. I just didn't think the new Tweed Twin RI had the sparkle and depth.

You might also look into Louis Electrics ( http://www.louisamps.com/ ) , who make signature amps for Danny Gatton and Keith Richards. The KR is what he is using on tour right now, and they sound AMAZING.

• Members

Originally posted by DeathMonkey

I just heard that in the other Deluxe thread and I thought it sounded great. I passed on the Tweed Twin RI for a Tweed Bassman RI and a 65 Twin RI. I just didn't think the new Tweed Twin RI had the sparkle and depth.

You might also look into Louis Electrics (
) , who make signature amps for Danny Gatton and Keith Richards. The KR is what he is using on tour right now, and they sound AMAZING.

I'm sure Louis makes a very fine amplifier, but I don't think I'm looking for anything quite that...special. Actually, I'm not really looking for anything right now. This is long range GAS. I'm going to let it build up for at least a year.

Archived