The guy on youtube with the Piano FM patch for the Micron...

BTBAM

• Members

I've tried contacting him to see if he will share it with the world, but didn't hear back ever. Don't know if I'd pay money for it, but it is a VERY good piano patch for the Micron. He should name it after himself, and release it.

He posted THIS on Youtube comments:

"Hi, I manually initialized one of the presents so a sine wave was playing without filters, modulation or? effects.

the preset you start with doesn't make the slightest difference because you will be reducing whatever you pick into one oscillator playing a sine wave."

• Members

On my Nord Modular, I would be linear FM'ing a sine wave with a triangle wave at the fundamental (Fm depth about half) to get that kind of tone. It's a little woodier (square waveish) than the patch I am using. I assume that has to do with the shape of the triangle on the Micron which may have more of the second partial (brighter). You can get a more square wave tone by putting some more information at the second partial (in the modulating oscillator). You could modulate the FM depth with velocity to make it velocity sensitive.

• Members

Thanks for the info...I may try and look into some of this today and see what I come up with. I really enjoy the electric piano settings I've come up with, but I'd like something a little more natural sounding if possible for a particular song.

• Members

ya know... there are many good, FREE Piano VSTIs out there....

just sayin'
;)

thanks for the advice, trying to find something I can use live, and I try to not use computers and midi to do that

Archived