Carrying 4X12 Cab up and down stairs

c2dzmm

• Members

Anybody modified a 4X12 Cab so 1 person can bring it up and down stairs? I guess I am going to have to buy a dolly because I am fixing to move in an apartment on the 3rd floor. I was just curious if any of you guys have come up with something that makes this easy.

• Members

not me bro i do it old fashioned, grab the handles andwalk sideways. it sucks bu hey point a to point b is all that matters to me. it is a bitch butonce youdo it so many times, you just get used to it. unless you want to bungee it andtie a rope and pull it over the balcony or whatever

• Members

I haven't lugged my gear around in almost a year after my last band broke up. My bedroom is on the 3rd floor. I would have someone help me carry the 4x12, but eventually I just got a second one that I would leave downstairs for gigging. If I start to gig again Im just gunna get a 2x12 to leave Up stairs!

• Members

I am moving to an area I have never been before for grad school. I have already contacted several bands to try out for. I don't know a soul from where I will be moving. I lived on the 2nd floor in an apartment for 2.5 years in undergrad school. However my roomate was the bass player in the band and always help me carry my gear up and down stairs. But now that I'm on my own--????

• Members

Originally posted by c2dzmm

Anybody modified a 4X12 Cab so 1 person can bring it up and down stairs? I guess I am going to have to buy a dolly because I am fixing to move in an apartment on the 3rd floor. I was just curious if any of you guys have come up with something that makes this easy.

I'm got an Engl Vintage 4x12. Funny that you brought it up because I carried it up a flight stairs by myself last night.

It was a slow go because I made sure to carefully place each step, and not trip on the steps.

It was a heavy son of a bitch...I've got a burn on my knee from picking it up and it dragging my pant leg across my knee.

That's not the first time I've loaded/unloaded it on/off of my truck, but it is the first time I've took it up the steps at the jam place.

Put it in a flight case and put a handle on it so you can just drag it up steps. :)

• Members

I use a pair of 2x12s, because I keep my gear in the basement. I'm my own roadie, and I refuse to own anything I can't move by myself.

I wouldn't use 4x12s unless I was stacking them up anyway. One 4x12 on the floor makes no sense to me...I don't have ears down where their sound projection is!

• Members

me bein an old fart and loving bigass cabs i find it hard to believe(tho i dont doubt it!) that anyone would sacrifice their sound for the comfort of making it easier to loadin/out...

but hey i'm old school...and have had to get stuff up/down hellish stairways or halls too small-or 'go down that alley-push the button and wait for the freight elevator-if its workin...'

its all about the music and sound fer me.

s:cool:

• Members

Originally posted by c2dzmm

Yeah I was thinking of that, but I just hate to part with my old marshall 4X12. Plus I will be playing in a band and the image factor plays in with a 2X12.

if i were in your shoes, i'd pick up a cheapo 2x12 to keep at home...and use your 4x12 for band work

Archived