How to Destroy Angels new EP

• Members

In case it hasn't been discussed yet, the new band "How to Destroy Angels" has their debut, 6 song EP out...where you can get it as a free download at:

http://howtodestroyangels.com/

The band is Trent Reznor, Mariqueen Maandig and Atticus Ross. They recently posted on their Tumblr blog what equipment they used to make the EP:

We kind of decided to use only drum machines / programmed drums leaning towards analog sounds as a starting point. From there I think we only used real analog synths as opposed to virtual ones. Lots of Arp Odyssey, Korg MS-20, Moog Voyager and lots of modular. More exotic instruments we used a lot were the Swarmatron

and a prototype of the Rozzbox Oddulator.

• Members

Just gave a quick listen to all of the songs. There are elements to them that I love! The raw, rough synth stuff sounds great. I'll need to listen a few more times before I can tell how much I really like the songs.

It's fun hearing Trent's signature sounds in a different setting. I imagine that Trent must have sung all of the vocals first, then the female singer copied his style as closely as possible.

• Members

though 'A Drowning' is about as formulaic NIN as you can get, i absolutely love it. best thing i've heard out of him in years. the first song is excellent as well, wasn't sure at first but it gets better every time i hear it. could pretty much do without tracks 2 and 3, but tracks 4 and 5 are very nice too.

i can't believe i'm so into this release, it's weird.

Archived