Mark III or engl Fireball?

maiden_fan

• Members

How in the hell can one get such a singing lead tone out of Fireball? I wonder what guitar was used, because that clip doesn't sound like my FB at all.

Fireball owns for crushing metal riffs, but good, singing lead tones are hard to get out of it, just as 80s rock/heavy tones. With the right guitar it might work, but versatility isn't really where Fireball excels...

Sorry to say but your full of {censored}. The fireball is amazing at lead tones. It riffs like mad and its not "easy" to pull leads out of its not hard. The fireball is as versitile as any amp out there. And like any amp you need to apply a bit of effot and ingenuity to get there.

That said for what the thread owner wants for tone the mkIII is it.

• Members

How in the hell can one get such a singing lead tone out of Fireball? I wonder what guitar was used, because that clip doesn't sound like my FB at all.

Fireball owns for crushing metal riffs, but good, singing lead tones are hard to get out of it, just as 80s rock/heavy tones. With the right guitar it might work, but versatility isn't really where Fireball excels...

it says the backing and rythm are pod. and leads are fireball, which proves some of the toanz is in the fingers

• Members

Here's 2 MarkIII clips i did a while back. At the time i was just getting to know my recording gear so the quality isn't that great. I'm still learning how to record.

THat tone is really good, What cab, and guitar were you using

Settings???

• Members

Sorry to say but your full of {censored}. The fireball is amazing at lead tones. It riffs like mad and its not "easy" to pull leads out of its not hard. The fireball is as versitile as any amp out there. And like any amp you need to apply a bit of effot and ingenuity to get there.

That said for what the thread owner wants for tone the mkIII is it.

Well said.........the FB is probably one of if not the easiest amps to solo on bar none..:facepalm::wave::lol:

• Members

You say that like it's a bad thing....
:rolleyes::facepalm:
:facepalm:
:lol:

All I can say is that I tried to like my Fireball, I really did. I could get some pretty good recordings with it at home, however when I played with my band mates, I could barely hear my guitar over the drums. This was the case even as I turned up the amp more and more. My friends Peavey Bandit had more cut than this amp, and he scoops his mids.

I have not given up on Engl, I think the Invader might be well worth looking at. However for what the OP wants, this amp will not provide.

Cole

• Members

All I can say is that I tried to like my Fireball, I really did. I could get some pretty good recordings with it at home, however when I played with my band mates, I could barely hear my guitar over the drums. This was the case even as I turned up the amp more and more. My friends Peavey Bandit had more cut than this amp, and he scoops his mids.

I have not given up on Engl, I think the Invader might be well worth looking at. However for what the OP wants, this amp will not provide.

Cole

I used to say the same thing about the first Powerball I had....since acquiring this Fireball and spending alot of time with it.....I've found how to make it easily cut in a band mix.....the Presence knob......you gotta turn that {censored}er way down especially loud.......and up the mids......I did these two things and went and jammed with my old band a couple months back.....we play loud heavy stuff......I cut and was just about as loud as the Dual Recto I used to have..it's not as BIG sounding as a Recto but it did just fine FWIW..

• Members

I used to say the same thing about the first Powerball I had....since acquiring this Fireball and spending alot of time with it.....I've found how to make it easily cut in a band mix.....the Presence knob......you gotta turn that {censored}er way down especially loud.......and up the mids......I did these two things and went and jammed with my old band a couple months back.....we play loud heavy stuff......I cut and was just about as loud as the Dual Recto I used to have..

I tweaked the hell out the amp, I cranked the mids, lowered the bass, then ripped my hair out, etc. There is no doubt that it is loud, I think if I ever played one again I would invest in an eq pedal and run it through the effects loop. Or buy a guitar that is all maple with Seymour Duncan JBs and a cab with Vintage 30s to account for it's low mid vibe.

Cole

• Members

I tweaked the hell out the amp, I cranked the mids, lowered the bass, then ripped my hair out, etc. There is no doubt that it is loud, I think if I ever played one again I would invest in an eq pedal and run it through the effects loop. Or buy a guitar that is all maple with Seymour Duncan JBs and a cab with Vintage 30s to account for it's low mid vibe.

Cole

Oh yeah...:facepalm::lol::lol: I used an MXR 10 band and have a V-30 loaded Mode 4 cab....:idea::lol:

• Members

I used to say the same thing about the first Powerball I had....since acquiring this Fireball and spending alot of time with it.....I've found how to make it easily cut in a band mix.....the Presence knob......you gotta turn that {censored}er way down especially loud.......and up the mids......I did these two things and went and jammed with my old band a couple months back.....we play loud heavy stuff......I cut and was just about as loud as the Dual Recto I used to have..it's not as BIG sounding as a Recto but it did just fine FWIW..

I took mine to our way too small and loud practice spot last week and had no issues cutting thru at all. Agreed the mids need to be up and the presence can't be past noon. I personally love mine with a boost in front and the gain low but that is how I like all amps. I still love my JSX too but the fireball is making me smile ear to ear every time I plug into it. The clean is awesome, metal rythms for days and the lead tone is quite good and pretty darn easy to get the liquid thing going on. As far as versitility this amp does a lot of things very, very well alot like the Mark II I had but with this one you can get a good clean and a good heavy sound at the same time without the volume mismatch issues on the Mark series. This amp does the breakup blues tones way better than the JSX I have to say.

• Members

I took mine to our way too small and loud practice spot last week and had no issues cutting thru at all. Agreed the mids need to be up and the presence can't be past noon. I personally love mine with a boost in front and the gain low but that is how I like all amps. I still love my JSX too but the fireball is making me smile ear to ear every time I plug into it. The clean is awesome, metal rythms for days and the lead tone is quite good and pretty darn easy to get the liquid thing going on. As far as versitility this amp does a lot of things very, very well alot like the Mark II I had but with this one you can get a good clean and a good heavy sound at the same time without the volume mismatch issues on the Mark series. This amp does the breakup blues tones way better than the JSX I have to say.

JSX on one side. Engl on the other! I'm thinking about running a JSX on one side and a 5150 on the other. I just got in a new band a few days ago. Haven't had one in a while so I haven't had a reason to do any of this. got to buy a a/b/y switch though. And another cab. I got all these amps but for some reason I've only bought one cab. And it's the first cab I ever had at that! lol

• Members

I took mine to our way too small and loud practice spot last week and had no issues cutting thru at all. Agreed the mids need to be up and the presence can't be past noon. I personally love mine with a boost in front and the gain low but that is how I like all amps.

That's so funny.........I boost mine too. I use a boost and a MXR EQ.......and do alot of tweaking......the amp sounds amazing using these two things......I laugh at all these people on here who say boosting the Fireball is pointless.....I have to say that is an ignorant statement......I use the EQ and lower the presence (it's off or the max at 9 0'clock depending on which guitar) and gain (gain at 9 o'clock) and hit it in the front with a boost and it not only sounds powerful and clear.....it also feels very nice...:thu:

• Members

That's so funny.........I boost mine too. I use a boost and a MXR EQ.......and do alot of tweaking......the amp sounds amazing using these two things......I laugh at all these people on here who say boosting the Fireball is pointless.....I have to say that is an ignorant statement......I use the EQ and lower the presence (it's off or the max at 9 0'clock depending on which guitar) and gain (gain at 9 o'clock) and hit it in the front with a boost and it not only sounds powerful and clear.....it also feels very nice...
:thu:

You like those black outs more than those emg's? I always wonder but I never ask on here because you'll have about 100 people who have never played blackouts either prefer them or say they suck. I noticed in your sig you had both.

• Members

That's so funny.........I boost mine too. I use a boost and a MXR EQ.......and do alot of tweaking......the amp sounds amazing using these two things......I laugh at all these people on here who say boosting the Fireball is pointless.....I have to say that is an ignorant statement......I use the EQ and lower the presence (it's off or the max at 9 0'clock depending on which guitar) and gain (gain at 9 o'clock) and hit it in the front with a boost and it not only sounds powerful and clear.....it also feels very nice...
:thu:

The boost really does help the feel and when I boost the clean channel I get a nice rock tone as well. I took a gamble on this amp having never played one and I am very happy I did. It still rocks without a boost but I like it better with. As far as this and the JSX together it truly is a monster, I have ran a JSX and a 5150 together as well and that was equally kick ass. Having a Marshall kind of tone and a lower mid thing is great (meaning the 5150) and the razor sharp attack of the fireball with it is very nice too.

• Members

You like those black outs more than those emg's? I always wonder but I never ask on here because you'll have about 100 people who have never played blackouts either prefer them or say they suck. I noticed in your sig you had both.

Like every other pickup it depends on the guitar........I had them in my hardtail Ibanez but they were too much output and clipped everything I had so the 81 went back into that axe.....however in my floyd route Ibanez they help fill that lost cavity and are perfect.....they sound alot like an EMG of course with more output...so if you have a guitar that is a little thin sounding and want actives then there you are......I used to have a super thin Jackson SLSMG that sounded thin with EMG's......if I ever have one of those again than Blackouts it would be......BTW I'm going to spam my bridge Blackout that I took out of that Ibanez for $45 shipped US....if you're at all interested..:thu:

Archived