Gmajor/GT8 dilemma, is there an answer??

Themetallikid

• Members

I run the G Major/behringer setup right now. Before I got it, I was really intrigued by the GT8. But I run the JSX and due to the variety of rock we do, I like having the 3 channels available...

Is there a GT8 like all in one unit that I can use to do the same thing but able to switch the 3 channels?

• Members

Originally posted by Themetallikid

I run the G Major/behringer setup right now. Before I got it, I was really intrigued by the GT8. But I run the JSX and due to the variety of rock we do, I like having the 3 channels available...

Is there a GT8 like all in one unit that I can use to do the same thing but able to switch the 3 channels?

Right now, I just use the footswitch for the JSX and use my GT8 as a big ol' bunch of pedals.

Pete

• Members

Originally posted by Stratotone

Right now, I just use the footswitch for the JSX and use my GT8 as a big ol' bunch of pedals.

Pete

+1, I also love how I can fade in the effect with my volume pedal. I also set my "CTL" button to switch to manual so I can turn on two effects, EQ, delay, chorus, verb, etc on every patch. So its like having 6 patches within each patch:)

• Members

If you want all your JSX functions MIDI switchable, you'll need an Axess CFX4 or equivalent.

• Members

Originally posted by hal9000

If you want all your JSX functions MIDI switchable, you'll need an Axess CFX4 or equivalent.

A behringer FCB1010 gets you two relays - that should be enough to switch channels. you don't want to turn the fx loop off and on!

Pete

• Members
Originally posted by Stratotone

A behringer FCB1010 gets you two relays - that should be enough to switch channels. you don't want to turn the fx loop off and on!

Pete

No, I meant with the GT-8 as the only controller in replacement of the G-Major/FCB rig. Sorry.

• Members

Jason I know you do a lot of metal but believe me with the crunch channel and the boosts available on the gt8 you can get some serious metal crunch going on. We are hitting the studio in a couple months so I will be letting you see what I mean soon. I actually prefer the JSX crunch to the ultra channel do to the better grind it has going on in it. That's just me though.

• Members

talk to lord toneking, he has that exact setup :o

Archived