played a 6505 - australia pricing madness inside!!

saxamafone

• Members

Originally posted by Hegmatronicon

Me and a mate got fireballs for $2600Aud new WITH a 4x12. Cab's were "Kelly" cabs, mine has V30's in it.

Sweet. I still use it today.

But i originally went in looking for a 5150...walked out with a fireball and a 4x12. SWEET!

That price was also shipped to my door...about 2.5 hrs from Sydney!

what store was that?

do u know what the retail on fireballs are? i have no idea:confused:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

dude, i live in Perth Western Australia.

my mate recently got a new 6506 + Framus dragon Cab for $1500 cash.

another mate imported a Framus Cobra and after all the {censored}ing around paid $3300AUS

I got mine new from the store for $3200AUS cash but i also bought a dragon cab for $1000AUS

• Members

Originally posted by Strapping_Young_Lad

dude, how much you get the mighty Powerball for? did you get it from billyhyde?

Yeah....I got it for $2900. Which is alright considering they are advertised for $3600 and you can lower them down to about $3300...

• Members
Originally posted by deadwrong666

Thats still 2x the price......
:(

i know there are import costs and shipping etc.

but seriously :rolleyes:

how can marshalls and engls cost $2000-$3500 [bout $3500 for a powerball and bout $3000 for a blackmore, jcm 2000's are $2200 - $2700]

then mesa come out with $4500, $5500, $8000 for a fukin jerkoffking or whatever the fuk it is:mad:

• Members

Originally posted by HungPhat

dude, i live in Perth Western Australia.

my mate recently got a new 6506 + Framus dragon Cab for $1500 cash.

another mate imported a Framus Cobra and after all the {censored}ing around paid $3300AUS

I got mine new from the store for $3200AUS cash but i also bought a dragon cab for $1000AUS

i live in perth too and that is a {censored}en awesome deal

• Members

Originally posted by Strapping_Young_Lad

yes, tell us how we can get 6505+dragon cabs for $1500!!! i could probably get a dragon cab for $1000 but that leaves $500 for a 6505 LOL

sorry to get youre hopes up...i got a bit too excited and left $1000 off...

err yeah...$2500 for a 6505 + Framus dragon cab

• Members
Originally posted by saxamafone

ok so i finally tracked down a new 6505 in a store to go try out. wasn't as impressed by it as i thought i would be but i know playing a tube amp at low vol with crappy tubes usually doesn't impress anyone.

anyways the guy in the store starts coming up to me bashing gibson and mesa while raving about peavey.

the price tag on the 6505 was $2500 [that's 1,916.64 USD!!]

i said i saw these amps for $1600 when they first came out as 6505's

he said no one will do that price but if i pay cash he could do me a GREAT deal

:rolleyes:

his great deal is $2100 cash [1,610.30 USD]

fukin australia!! get fukt!! i have no sympathy for a struggling music store over here, lower your prices and u might sell some {censored}!!
:mad:

I got in just before the price rise, and I'm getting my head for about $1550 AUS. Kosmic did wonders of a deal, the guy who I'm going through is a champ.

Btw, check www.guitar.com.au Maybe you could get them to price match it? That's what I did, but then Kosmic went ahead and beat that price (when it used to be cheaper).

Unfortunately, they've been out of stock that mines been ordered for 2 months or something, and I got a call saying it's come in today! So I'm off to pick it up tomorrow :D

Nick.

• Members

Aussies get farked up the ass with guitar gear prices. I really wanted a Dual Recto, but when I found out its nearly impossible to buy one for under $4400 in Australia, I had to look at other options. So I went looking and I got quoted $2900 for a 6505+ which was my next choice. Thats still a totally bullsh!t price.

In the end I just recently purchased a 2nd hand 5150II for $1800, it was in mint condition but still, thats expensive for a 2nd hand amp. I got laughed at by some of the US guys here when they found out i paid that for a second hand amp.

Archived