Wish List...The unofficial GAS thread.

• Members

I kick myself for not jumping on the pre-order a LONG time ago.

Don't. I've thought the same thing, but tbh without the benefit of hindsight, the company could have gone under and we could have lost our dosh, that was a real concern at that time. Sort of still is but less of a worry when you're buying something that actually exists now.

I still think about this one, though i've gone off it a bit since i found out it's using rotary encoders, after a lot of the issues people have had with them on other synths.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I dont have gear lust like I use to,but I really want a

30inch apple cinema

20gb of memory for my mac pro

Roland v synth xt/gt rack

Roland xv5080 with the complete orchestra,supreme dance,platinum trax and drum srx cards.4 jv cards in it would be great also.

That is really all I want.

• Members

Don't. I've thought the same thing, but tbh without the benefit of hindsight, the company could have gone under and we could have lost our dosh, that was a real concern at that time. Sort of still is but less of a worry when you're buying something that actually exists now.

I still think about this one, though i've gone off it a bit since i found out it's using rotary encoders, after a lot of the issues people have had with them on other synths.

Are there any of these synths in the hands of people who pre-ordered or are they still vaporware? I just looked at the web page and there is no evidence that anything has shipped out. As time goes on technology advances and new ideas become old...

• Members

it's bugged me that no-one seems to have one to give some reasonably unbiased feedback, or that we don;t even seem to get some solid demos of it rather than bits of it.

i think maybe one of the irregular posters around here has one, but the name won;t spring to mind right now. my bat radar is saying carbon might know who it is or has tried one?

• Members

This would just about cover it for me....

front.jpg

as it would cover my Pro-One and modular GAS all at once. ;)

I wouldn't turn one of these down if one fell in my lap, though I'd push it out of bed for an Old School. :D

purple_moog_angle.jpg

I wouldn't turn this down either...

seqpro501a.jpg

• Members

it's bugged me that no-one seems to have one to give some reasonably unbiased feedback, or that we don;t even seem to get some solid demos of it rather than bits of it.

i think maybe one of the irregular posters around here has one, but the name won;t spring to mind right now. my bat radar is saying carbon might know who it is or has tried one?

I know Carbon has molested one in his house once but even though June was the promised ship date for pre-orders, none have shipped yet (I don't think).

John's a nice guy and tops when it comes to synth design, I hope for him (and us) that it's awesome and successful. I also hope they come down in price... like, really hope. :)

-Mc

• Members

Absolutely can NOT land an XBoard.

This will be out in a couple months, going for it instead...

ALE_View_web.jpg

http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/products/ALE/intro.html

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/AELab/

Changed the desk, too...

This,

BES-64810_zom.jpg

With a couple RAST (modified) 8u racks and a couple OnStage 12u desktop racks...

~M

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Nillerbabs View Post
Nowhere but in my mind, for now thumb.gif
Ah! Gotcha.

I dream about a Moog Poly. Seriously, if tomorrow they announced a Poly Phatty that was exactly the same as the LP, but with five or six voices, I would be the first one the pre-order list.

• Members

Got the chance to check out a Roland GAIA at the local shop. Been feeling the GAS for one. I thought it sounded decent for a VA, but I wasn't as impressed as I anticipated (well not enough to drop $600 on one). If anonye interested in getting one, check out nstuffmusic.com (Pianos 'N Stuff). They are based in Pittsburgh,PA area and have the GAIA @ $599 with free shipping. They had it at the store, so I assume it is in stock.

What I am probably going to pick up soon is one of these. Check it out at the store too and I really like the sound and the key action for the price. Been sort of looking for an affordable piano with speakers.
P-95B_EN.jpg

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by McHale View Post
photo-757939.jpg

I kick myself for not jumping on the pre-order a LONG time ago. Now I'm waiting to see if the price drops when it hits stores. $4000 is a lot of cash. But I want it really really bad.

Screw analog.
Things are still definitely progressing. They've never really stopped...the project is a much more monumental design task than I think most people imagine.

John has been in constant contact with all the preorder folks. Sourcing some of the components have added delays. He's been back and forth to Germany to make sure things are getting done. Like DSI, John's company is just one guy so things will take a lot longer than a larger company.

I've played with the prototype again recently and everything is shaping up nicely. It's currently my all-time favorite synthesizer. love.gif

BTW - The ribbon now spans the entire front panel.

• Members

ah, never? icon_lol.gif

I'm still waiting on my first one. It's never been a need and considering I can't seem to nail down a consistent setup, I may never get around to it.. facepalm.gif

I've been through allot gear, but I can't say I've owned anything more than once really.

• Members

I am not currently gas'ing for any gear (hope that's a good sign as I need to delve more in to the gear I own)...

I do however have an interest in new gear,,, what made the designers go the route they did, what it can do, any new clever tricks to make life easier, any new sounds that would be of interest etc... To that end I had a spin (web hunt) at the new DSI stuff (Mopho KYBD and Tetra), Korgs ''KORG microSTATION Music Workstation'' and the ''KORG PS60 PERFORMANCE SYNTHESIZER ''

GAIA has spoiled me, the IF on the Mopho KYBD looks a little off to me...

My Rompler needs are not great (I have a good sampler) but the new korgs don't seem to have sounds I would like, kind of obvious given what bread and butter sounds most Rompler's need hence not a complaint, I am just not their target audience... I can see some one of a budget lusting after the SV-1 taking a look at the PS60 it has some of that cool vibe too it. I tracked down an official Korg Japanese video for the microSTATION. Not as impressive sound wise as the M50 one they did. Not enough of the few sounds they demo'd to raise any GAS. I sure Korg will bring out some new stuff next year in the M3 type range.

Archived