Best amp for Nirvana sounds???

Knob_Gobblin'

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Don't insult peoples taste in music, everyone is entitled to enjoy what they like.

And let's face it as guitarists we can't talk... Who else would buy albums from people like Yngwie et al? Most "technically stunning" guitar albums are about as musical as a 3 year old with a drumkit. For some reason technical mastery appears to generally come at the expense of the ability to recognize a "tune".

• Members

Originally posted by paulintheuk

Don't insult peoples taste in music, everyone is entitled to enjoy what they like.

And let's face it as guitarists we can't talk... Who else would buy albums from people like Yngwie et al? Most "technically stunning" guitar albums are about as musical as a 3 year old with a drumkit. For some reason technical mastery appears to generally come at the expense of the ability to recognize a "tune".

nothing wrong with LIKING their 'music', but to idolize a guy like that? a guy who shunned intelligence AND showers? a guy who decided it was more logical to blow his brains out rather than face life's difficulties? that's not much of a 'hero' figure to me...

• Members

Originally posted by BluePowder7

nothing wrong with LIKING their 'music', but to idolize a guy like that? a guy who shunned intelligence AND showers? a guy who decided it was more logical to blow his brains out rather than face life's difficulties? that's not much of a 'hero' figure to me...

I said he was my guitar hero, not my role model for life. I don't plan on blowing myself away and pumping my blood full of heroin any time soon.

• Members

If this is a serious post, then anything with some heavy distortion will do.

Probably those Boss Distortion pedals.

But honestly, if Kurt Cobain is your guitar hero......wow......just wow....oh well....its an easy tone-quest I suppose. If I can use the word tone.

• Members

Originally posted by Knob_Gobblin'

and knocked up Courtney Love back when she was still somewhat attractive ..

Do you live in an alley or something?

What kind of women are you using as a basis for comparison when you say Courntey Love, at any given stage of her mutation, is attractive?

• Members

What has a persons personality got to do with their music? Most of the history of music is filled with pretty nasty things... Alcoholics, drug addicts, paedophiles, marrying underage cousins, wife beaters etc. That doesn't seem to impact on their popularity most of the time.

And Kurt was clinically depressed so what's the big surprise about him killing himself? Would you take the piss out of a guy who wanted to play guitar like Nick Drake?

• Members

He was intelligent enough to write songs that will live on long after we're gone.........He allegedly commited suicide.........And most other musicians aren't really "hero figures" either. :idea:

• Members

A similar guitar into a mesa boogie studio preamp or other amp with a clean fender tube tone will work great with just about any distortion pedal. I can pull off KC stuff great with JUST my studio preamp and some nice passive pickups.

mJ

• Members

Originally posted by azure and drkz

Rock on Knob. Don't worry about it. In case you haven't noticed you have to be a BREWTAL SHREDMASTER around here. m/:mad:m/.

Trust me I'm not worried. I'm not going to get too hot and bothered over what some prick says about Kurt on the internet.

• Members

At least he didn't die from taking too many painkillers and drowning in his own puke.

Well, you've done it now. Sunk to the lowest denominator. You were doing pretty well, than you decide to slam Hendrix on a GUITAR FORUM. Nice. :idea:

• Members

Trust me I'm not worried. I'm not going to get too hot and bothered over what some prick says about Kurt on the internet.

God bless ya man! There's alot of hypocritical content on these pages... I guess some people have little better to do than to bag on others. To spend the time to leave a negative or derogatory response screams of loser, troll, etc. Feck 'em!

• Members

ouch.
:(
any chance you could set your sights a tad higher? say, a cat?

toss that Champion 110. i have one too and it's an AWFUL sounding thing 99% of the time.

you could always hunt down that DOD Grunge pedal. not sure if they ever actually made any that said "Loud", "Butt", "Face", and "Grunge" on the controls. don't forget to not wash, slobber, and de-evolve a few thousad years. that would likely get you most of the mojo of being the Great Cunt Nobrain.

image-6.jpg

Archived