HCAF Scammer Alert: chrisboles226 a.ka. johnnywalker13

skaaks

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by telephant

And Chris already righted his wrongs and has been an active member of the forum since and has completed some transactions since then.

So lets not go runnin' someones name through the dirt just yet.
:)

I agree, not just yet. ;) I really do hope it's not Chris.

YO CHRIS, GET YOUR BUTT IN HERE!

• Members

I didn't even mention the worst part of all of this... When he shipped the package via UPS, he insured it even though he knew the amp wasn't inside. Then, when it got to my house and was empty, he acted like UPS must have stolen it so a claim was started. As it stands, it looks like he's going to get ANOTHER check from UPS for the insured amount. I'm DEFINITELY going to UPS with all of this. I'm pretty sure insurance fraud across state lines is a felony.

Originally posted by GRIZ

That sucks man, hope you get your money back. I hate a {censored}in thief.
:mad:

• Members

What a prick.

But hang on.... you have his phone number and have confirmed it to actually be his? Go to the cops mate. He's going down. If the cops in your country are as lazy as ours and don't do anything, get a few mates and do a road trip, find where he lives and do some serious repo.

• Members

Originally posted by skaaks

I didn't even mention the worst part of all of this... When he shipped the package via UPS, he insured it even though he knew the amp wasn't inside. Then, when it got to my house and was empty, he acted like UPS must have stolen it so a claim was started. As it stands, it looks like he's going to get ANOTHER check from UPS for the insured amount. I'm DEFINITELY going to UPS with all of this. I'm pretty sure insurance fraud across state lines is a felony.

As I told my friend after I found out he was trying to trade MY amp, the only Powerball he's going to see is from some dude named Dwayne in the state penitentary.
;)

You could use this threat to extort him if you really wanted to get back at him. But then you'd be lowering yourself to his level suppose. Nah, get your money back + whatever expenses it takes to recoup the funds then watch him squirm in court.

• Members

Originally posted by Thrust

That's pathetic.

NOTE TO MODS!

If you're going to create a "user complaints" section for transaction feedback.

MAKE SURE IT WORKS.

Heads up for another scammer "falln2infinity" aka "zdk1774" aka Zach King.

Zach King, also known on Ebay as Pablogilberto21.

Careful guys.

• Members

As I told my friend after I found out he was trying to trade MY amp, the only Powerball he's going to see is from some dude named Dwayne in the state penitentary.
;)

Get UPS on the case, at least he might be stopped from scamming them and if they already gave him a check they'll definately go after it.

Don't waste anytime reporting him to the cops, the longer you wait the more slippery he'll become.

also http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/

• Members

Originally posted by Bob Savage

He was, but I believe he may have moved to go to school... not sure.

bob, as much as i like you, you are spouting complete and utter bull{censored}t. I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not, but chris grainger is STILL on this forum and is under the username "rememberduane". he has since had more than a couple of successful transactions on this forum in the last few months. he is going to school in edinburgh, not Pennsylvania

• Members

Originally posted by guitarist17

bob, as much as i like you, you are spouting complete and utter bull{censored}t. I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not, but chris grainger is STILL on this forum and is under the username "rememberduane". he has since had more than a couple of successful transactions on this forum in the last few months. he is going to school in edinburgh, not Pennsylvania

:eek:

• Members

Originally posted by guitarist17

EDIT: Sorry guys! Didn't see you had already set bob and everyone else straight.....carry on
:wave:
:wave:

i almost did a deal with chrisboyles...jeez, thank god i didn't!!!

chrisboyes, get your ass in here

:o

• Members

Originally posted by dreamspace

He's going to have a
hard
time getting any money from UPS... I don't think they're going to buy the "some of your guys changed out the amp with plastic weights" thing.

The last time I talked to him, he said that he called UPS and they said the claim was denied but then he mentioned something about his dad being a lawyer and they approved it. It sounds like a load of crap to me, but he seemed pretty excited to get the money. Also, when I got the box it was in really bad shape (rips, holes, etc) so who knows, they might have been more likely to believe his story given the shape of the box.

• Members

that's 2 or 3 bad transactions involving forumites in a couple of weeks ..

what the hell is going on ????

+1 for some kind of Sticky of a BAD TRANSACTION list

I appreciate it when members post in there sigs who has been good to deal with ..

I have never asked the mods for anything .....

HOW ABOUT SOME KIND OF BLACK LIST THREAD ???

• Members

The last time I talked to him, he said that he called UPS and they said the claim was denied but then he mentioned something about his dad being a lawyer and they approved it. It sounds like a load of crap to me, but he seemed pretty excited to get the money. Also, when I got the box it was in really bad shape (rips, holes, etc) so who knows, they might have been more likely to believe his story given the shape of the box.

Hi,

I just read this thread on here about you paying 1300$ to some kid who ripped you off. I am actually quite surprised that you still haven

• Members

Originally posted by GRIFF10672

that's 2 or 3 bad transactions involving forumites in a couple of weeks ..

what the hell is going on ????

+1 for some kind of Sticky of a BAD TRANSACTION list

I appreciate it when members post in there sigs who has been good to deal with ..

I have never asked the mods for anything .....

HOW ABOUT SOME KIND OF BLACK LIST THREAD ???

I keep saying that but Anderton is dead set on it being in the Classifieds forum (and that subsection DOES NOT EVEN FUNCTION).

Who the hell is gonna read that anyways? Amp forum, amp sticky. :mad:

• Members
Originally posted by batotman

We should chip in and give you a plane ticket to go put knots on this guys head!
:idea:
NYC Italian style, bitches!
:cool:

I might have to do that to get my damn Wah pedal back:mad: :mad: :mad: Im going through some BS right now but Im going to give it a week before I divulge who it is...

Archived