Does the Ibanez RG7620 own the RG7321?

Random Hero

• Members

HMMMMMMMMMMM Personally I would go 7321. The floyd on the Ibanez are not my favourite.

If you want a floyded up Ibanez 7 string, there's none better than the proper fully loaded Jem Universe 7 string. It rocks!

The 7321 is a more-than adequate axe and you'd be VERY happy. If you don't want all the outlay, just get a 7321 and a decent bridge puppy.

Jon

• Members

Originally posted by chief04

No mine is not for sale on ebay i am keeping it till a find an 10xl/20xl.

Also the lo-pro bridges on the 7620 are pretty decent I have no problems with it.........................

Check out the picture of the one on eBay...

d5_1.JPG

Looks similar to the picture you posted, that's all.

• Members

Originally posted by satannica

HMMMMMMMMMMM Personally I would go 7321. The floyd on the Ibanez are not my favourite.

If you want a floyded up Ibanez 7 string, there's none better than the proper fully loaded Jem Universe 7 string. It rocks!

The 7321 is a more-than adequate axe and you'd be VERY happy. If you don't want all the outlay, just get a 7321 and a decent bridge puppy.

Jon

This is like saying that the chrome OFRs are better than the black OFRs.

The LoPro Edge 7 on an RG7620 and the LoPro Edge 7 on a UV777BK are the exact same tremolo. One's chrome, one's black(or "podwer cosmo" on some later years).

The Edge Pro 7 on an RG1527 and the Edge Pro 7 on a 2003 or later UV777BK are the exact same tremolo. One's chrome, one's "cosmo black".

The neck binding is the only thing I like better about a 7321, otherwise the 7620 destroys it, better build, better wood, better stock pickups.

• Members

Originally posted by Random Hero

Check out the picture of the one on eBay...

d5_1.JPG

Looks similar to the picture you posted, that's all.

yeah that is the guy i bought it from he sells loads of 7's. I used the pics he had as my camera is {censored}

• Members

Originally posted by chief04

yeah that is the guy i bought it from he sells loads of 7's. I used the pics he had as my camera is {censored}

Ahh!

Yeh, he sells loads of good {censored}. I was thinking "{censored}... chief04 must be {censored}ing loaded"

• Members

Originally posted by Toshiro

This is like saying that the chrome OFRs are better than the black OFRs.

The LoPro Edge 7 on an RG7620 and the LoPro Edge 7 on a UV777BK
are the exact same tremolo
. One's chrome, one's black(or "podwer cosmo" on some later years).

The Edge Pro 7 on an RG1527 and the Edge Pro 7 on a 2003 or later UV777BK
are the exact same tremolo
. One's chrome, one's "cosmo black".

The neck binding is the only thing I like better about a 7321, otherwise the 7620 destroys it, better build, better wood, better stock pickups.

I can only tell you my thoughts after playing and owning these axes... I don't pretend to be an Ibanez expert, but the tremolos on both the 7620 and 1527 and I just didn't get on. OK they may be the same thing as on the UV777BK, I don't know, but I got on with the UV best of all - nice, clear, articulate and the tremolo just felt smoother by 100%.

The 7321 isn't the best guitar on planet earth, but for a shoot of

• Members

if you're not into the floyd, check out an old 7421; built nearly identical to the 7620, but with cheaper pickups (tho they don't sound bad), and a hardtail

i had a 7420. that i still wish was around sometimes :(

i'd definitely go for an older MIJ model opposed to the new 7321 tho...the fretwork is sooo much nicer on the older ones

• Members

I can only tell you my thoughts after playing and owning these axes... I don't pretend to be an Ibanez expert, but the tremolos on both the 7620 and 1527 and I just didn't get on. OK they may be the same thing as on the UV777BK, I don't know, but I got on with the UV best of all - nice, clear, articulate and the tremolo just felt smoother by 100%.

They're the same tremolo...

• Members

I will stand corrected, fair enough!

Jon

Is it possible one of them had the old Lo Pro Edge 7 and one had the Edge Pro 7? That might make a difference... Either way, the Japanese 7 strings with a few exceptions (RG7420 the years it was MIJ) all use the same hardware. You look now and the RG1527 and UV7 are both going to have the same tremolo, and they've always been outfitted with the same hardware.

• Members

The 7321 isn't the best guitar on planet earth, but for a shoot of

• Members

Originally posted by Toshiro

The RG7420 had a crap trem, but the RG7620 is top of the Ibanez line as far as hardware.

so the rg7620 trem should hold in tune properly, as long as i'm not doing crazy divebombs?

i didn't really like the trem on my 7420 very much, but i just blocked it and was very happy with the guitar...i may look into the 7620 sometime tho, if the trem is that much better

• Members

Originally posted by cobrahead1030

so the rg7620 trem should hold in tune properly, as long as i'm not doing crazy divebombs?

i didn't really like the trem on my 7420 very much, but i just blocked it and was very happy with the guitar...i may look into the 7620 sometime tho, if the trem is that much better

My Edge and LoPro Edge trems hold tuning while doing crazy divebombs. Used to go crazy with my RG7620 too, when I had it. ;)

Hell, those guitars stay in tune better than my hardtail Schecter C7 does(I need to get some locking tuners, I guess).. I just wish the RG1077XL(27" Baritone RG7) wasn't so rare and expensive, because I like the longer scale for these low notes(main reason I went for the Blackjack).

Archived