Dean's Michael Schenker All Access amp

KightTemplar

• Members

Originally posted by Acid Test

First he would have to find some scam to post at his web site and then deny any prior knowledge.

Schenker, although a sell-out, does not play the role of poser or over use pinch harmonics or create some fake society aimed to take the money from directionless kids.

Hah, yeah, I was kidding.

Actually, I have seen in person some of the ups & downs of Michael, it's been hard to watch.

It's really sad because like alot of us, I grew up loving his playing, but his past drinking & current emotional issues have not helped his career IMO.

• Members
Originally posted by Rufus Leaking

A complete trainwreck of a marketing concept. Anyone who's a diehard MS fan is probably 30+ and well beyond a starter amp.

Most kids who are looking at $80 beginner amps probably have never even heard of Schenker.

oh yeah, absolutely true!! :thu: :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by Acid Test

Why not? Have you seen some of the junk that is now associated with Michael Schenker. This guy is becoming the ultimate sell-out. He has become an overweight, out-of-practice sell-out.

This pains me to say, considering he is one of my all time favorites - hell my first real guitar was a Gibson V because he played one. Those days are gone now since he sold out to Dean. Listen to any of his guitar work post 1995 - not very impressive.

If you were in extreme debt and got {censored}ed over by your ex wife and also former friend who scammed you, wouldn't you not lend your name to cheap {censored}?

• Members
Originally posted by P90DSL

I'm at work ... can't go MusicStores online ... is it this one? Damn how much is he getting for it ... giving his name for a pice of {censored} like this? I would not give my name for something like this ... but I have a daytime job ...

3082_1.jpg

Yep, that's the one. If you can find it, give it a try. This baby isn't that shabby sounding anyway, although I would go for a Roland Cube for more variety.

• Members
Originally posted by Ultron

Sucks to see what a sellout he's become. The guy really hit rockbottom (no pun intended)....exwife/gf cleaned him out, booze, paranoia, living in a hotel. Bogus.....I grew up on him, he was a guitar god in the early 80s.
:(

Before that.

• Members
Originally posted by Songman68

Looks like Dean is selling several different cheap amps now.
http://www.deanguitars.com/amps.php

I actually tried the M-16, and...........BOY! The overdrive channel is so {censored}ing Eric-Johnsonish! I plugged a 50's strat reisue and I swear it's Eric Johnson's tone! Don't believe me? Go find a music store, find that amp, grab a strat, plug it in, and BELIEVE! It also sounds nice with humbucker-equiped axes as well!

But the clean channel is too thin. What a pity.:(

Archived