First pic of the new Duesentrieb

Duesentrieb

• Members

Will be called "The Ed" - a 50s "Plexi" (the panel IS plexi btw) with some bells and whistles.

You can see from the two switches that it can do a bit more than a "normal" one ;)

Plexi1.jpg

I'll keep you updated. :)

Update 1 - LOL - the board

Plexiboard.jpg

Update 2 - sunday - before final wiring

Plexi2.jpg

Update 3 - finished wiring

plex4.jpg

plex5.jpg

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hey, I was checking your website now and then and it always says "new info later" or something like that...
I am very courious when will your stuff be available:confused: It will be kits, right? So stop teasing us and do something for the general public:D :wave:
Oh and what will the extra switches do? It's a non-master volume, right? Oh, and one more question, which transformers do you use/recomend for Marshalls, and where to buy them in EU? TNX for your ansvers...:wave:

• Members
Originally posted by Mr 5150

Looks cool
:thu:

What type of sound are you going for with this one Olaf?

Here's hoping the switches are for a gain boost and a 2nd master volume/solo boost of some sort
:D:cool::D

ET's head in your avatar looks like a PodXT

• Members
Originally posted by peehoo

Hey, I was checking your website now and then and it always says "new info later" or something like that...

I am very courious when will your stuff be available:confused: It will be kits, right? So stop teasing us and do something for the general public:D
:wave:

+1

• Members

Thanks for the kind words.

I won't reveal (sp?) all the features yet, sorry. It has a Master (or two), a kind of boost and some voicing options . . . all based on the standard 1987/6 circuitry. Since both Mark and Mark liked the 1987 I restored for the former (or the later?) I got the idea for this.

About the kits: Peter already finished the pre, just some minor tweaks for the switching needed, so we think that we can start before x-mas. Also there will be (same circuitry) a head, 100 Watts. A bit later next year, looks like Sick Michael's Whitesnake.
Same features: 2 channels, 3 sounds, loop and stuff . . .

Where to get trannies and parts in europe?
www.tubetown.de
(tubes, almost all amp related parts incl. trannies by Marshall and Hammond and some ring-transformers).
www.madamp.biz
also kits, parts, tubes - more the "smaller" stuff like EL84 driven amps
www.ampmaker.com
in the UK, tubes, kits, parts, . . .
www.shinrock.com
transformers, copies of vintage stuff (Marshall, Partridge, Vox . . .)
www.tubeampdoctor.com
kits, replacement-transformers, all amp-parts, tubes
www.die-wuestens.de
transformers for smaller projects, tubes

Thats all whats in my Alzheimer brain now :)

• Members
Originally posted by peehoo

recomend for Marshalls, and where to buy them in EU? TNX for your ansvers...
:wave:

Marshall trannies of course. The Dagnalls currently available are good IMO. I've used several now and I'm happy.
Also New Sensor makes some reasonable priced transformers for 50s and 100s Marshalls.

Another source is:

www.banzaieffects.com

(a pain to find the item you are looking for though)

• Members
Originally posted by Duesentrieb

Thanks for the kind words.

I won't reveal (sp?) all the features yet, sorry. It has a Master (or two), a kind of boost and some voicing options . . . all based on the standard 1987/6 circuitry. Since both Mark and Mark liked the 1987 I restored for the former (or the later?) I got the idea for this.

About the kits: Peter already finished the pre, just some minor tweaks for the switching needed, so we think that we can start before x-mas. Also there will be (same circuitry) a head, 100 Watts. A bit later next year, looks like Sick Michael's Whitesnake.

Same features: 2 channels, 3 sounds, loop and stuff . . .

If it sounds like that restored/tweeked JMP amp with some more bells and whistles, you're on to a winner there Olaf.

The Whitesnake style amp kit sounds like it could be of interest (not to mention a laugh for me to blow myself up with :eek: :eek: )

Archived