any experience with MF "platinum payments"

bluesboy

• Members

so what is the deal with this? Is it worth it, or is it a big pain in the arse?

Basically, i want to buy a les paul standard, and i could afford way more than $23 a month, but i dont want to just drop $2200 or so at once.

anybody make purchases this way? what are the drawbacks? Thanks,

-me

• Members

im not sure it is what you think it is. basically its a line of credit with MF, and you get approved up to a certain amount like you do with any credit card company. they send you a card with a number that you can use on their site. it also has uber interest if you dont pay it off within the promotional period that they give you.

• Members

Originally posted by outkastin2g

im not sure it is what you think it is. basically its a line of credit with MF, and you get approved up to a certain amount like you do with any credit card company. they send you a card with a number that you can use on their site.

i know that's what it is... just wondering who here has it, any bad experiences, etc

• Members

You will never pay it off.

That $23 amount is the minimum payment on the credit card. The card has some ludicrously high APR, like 23% or something. You get maybe, 12 months no interest. Then if you haven't paid it off in 12, they tack on the interest, which would be about $500 or so for one year. With an APR of 23% and payments of $23 a month, that would take you about 300 months or so to pay off.

No joke -> Check it out.

• Members

Originally posted by ezweave

You will never pay it off.

That $23 amount is the minimum payment on the credit card. The card has some ludicrously high APR, like 23% or something. You get maybe, 12 months no interest. Then if you haven't paid it off in 12, they tack on the interest, which would be about $500 or so for one year. With an APR of 23% and payments of $23 a month, that would take you about 300 months or so to pay off.

No joke ->

well, I already said I wouldnt pay $23 a month lol... thanks for your input too though

• Members
Originally posted by bluesboy

so what is the deal with this? Is it worth it, or is it a big pain in the arse?

Basically, i want to buy a les paul standard, and i could afford way more than $23 a month, but i dont want to just drop $2200 or so at once.

anybody make purchases this way? what are the drawbacks? Thanks,

-me

Not sure what you are looking for. The terms are clearly stated. It isn't like they are trying to hide anything or be dishonest about what they state. And they stick to what the terms are. They don't try to screww you over after the fact. Just read the terms andif you are ok with them.

• Members

Originally posted by tlbonehead

Not sure what you are looking for. The terms are clearly stated. It isn't like they are trying to hide anything or be dishonest about what they state. And they stick to what the terms are. They don't try to screww you over after the fact. Just read the terms andif you are ok with them.

i just wanted extra input... that is all

• Members
Originally posted by silvrcrank

it's cool if you pay it off in time
:thu:

of course, a lot of people don't, and that's why they continue to offer it.

yeah, i think its good because i would want to keep something like that off of my other credit cards, and paying one payment for one item is easier. I would figure out the payment so i would pay it off within the promotinal period.

I've been jonesing for a les paul for so long... DAMN GAS! lol...

• Members

I have a GC card, which is pretty much like the MF card. Pretty good experience, for a credit card that is. The only thing I regret is not paying it off during the promotional period (you would think 15 months would be enough:rolleyes: ;) ). If you do not pay it off in that period, the interest that was supposed to be accumulated during that period becomes retro-active and it added to your balance:eek:. But if you're responsible with your finances, you'll be fine.

Archived