Oh yes, I just got a new job

FWAxeIbanez

• Members

Originally posted by charliedango

4 MONTHS!!!

I call BS on that. We only got 4 weeks.

Not calling BS on you, but on Cingular. Man, I wish they trained us for 4 months before we hit the floor. That would have been EZ money!

When the girl called to "extend the offer of employment" she said my first stage of training was 6 weeks long...

4 months does seem pretty ridiculous tho

• Members

Originally posted by FWAxeIbanez

When the girl called to "extend the offer of employment" she said my
first
stage of training was 6 weeks long...

4 months does seem pretty ridiculous tho

Woo hoo. That's probably 6 weeks of classroom and 10 weeks of supervised calls. That still seems a little excessive for the supervised call period.

• Members

Originally posted by charliedango

Woo hoo. That's probably 6 weeks of classroom and 10 weeks of supervised calls. That still seems a little excessive for the supervised call period.

Maybe two weeks of sitting with reps on the floor listening to their calls and taking notes, then four weeks of protected shifts (people to go to for help available at all times), then thrown to the wolves.

• Members
Originally posted by ChS

Maybe two weeks of sitting with reps on the floor listening to their calls and taking notes, then four weeks of protected shifts (people to go to for help available at all times), then thrown to the wolves.

They actually split the "sitting with other reps" time from the classroom training?

I hated having the new-hires sit with me. Not that I felt that I was being put on the spot, but because I actually had to take calls while they were there. :D

• Members

Damn, when I worked at a call center (yes, I have called your house during dinner!), I got a single day class, and told to show up to work on Monday at 4 pm. By 6 pm, I'd memorized the script, and did most of my selling staring at the ceiling, or hunched over a drawing pad, doodling away.

I even faked a southern accent to get more sales if the calls were to Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, and other such bastions of people sounding like they've got a mouth full of pig dick.

Six months? That's insane.

• Members
Originally posted by -=MYK=-

You don't happen to have that other thread of yours bookmarked do you?

The one with the strange mixed up band music?

I might get to listen to it in a few hours.
:):o
:o

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1363030

tell me what you think afterwards... you're gonna check out Amanda Woodward right?

• Members

Originally posted by BrendanO

Damn, when I worked at a call center (yes, I have called your house during dinner!), I got a single day class, and told to show up to work on Monday at 4 pm. By 6 pm, I'd memorized the script, and did most of my selling staring at the ceiling, or hunched over a drawing pad, doodling away.

I even faked a southern accent to get more sales if the calls were to Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, and other such bastions of people sounding like they've got a mouth full of pig dick.

Six months? That's insane.

I did that for 6 weeks. Cold calling sucks.

I sold Discover cards.

Nobody {censored}ing wants Discover cards!!

Archived