Battle of the Rectos (RK, 2ch, 3ch, Racktifier)

FWAxeIbanez

• Members

Originally posted by reprove

The racktifiers have always blown me away. AFI and From Autumn to Ashes still use theirs. I think they should reissue them.

If i had the scratch, I would own one in a minute.

1. Ractifiers

2. Blackface 2 channels

3. Roadking

4. Three channel.

no experience with the roadsters just yet.

Dude! I play in If Truth Is Dead, you guys played the St. Cloud Metalfest right?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by guitarstar81

since I work at a Mesa dealer, I have played tons of different Rectos. Singles, Duals, Triples, Rectoverbs, the new Roadster, etc.... I have owned an early Tremoverb, and a Road King (series I). So aside from a Racktifier, I pretty much have the bases covered.

From what I have played, the Roadster takes it. Followed closely by the Roadking, and then the Tremoverb. After that, I like the sound of the Duals (2 or 3 channel).

The triple is my least favorite. It always has just sounded like a pile of mud at any volume.

Makes me proud to own the Roadster pictured:
220477016_4acc543c95_b.jpg

The cab is mine too. The Dual Recto Solo is a friend's. The mic is rented.:thu:

...and yes, I agree the Roadster sounds superior to the other Rectos I've tested it against (which were dual and triple 3 channels).

• Members

Originally posted by guitarstar81

since I work at a Mesa dealer, I have played tons of different Rectos. Singles, Duals, Triples, Rectoverbs, the new Roadster, etc.... I have owned an early Tremoverb, and a Road King (series I). So aside from a Racktifier, I pretty much have the bases covered.

From what I have played, the Roadster takes it. Followed closely by the Roadking, and then the Tremoverb. After that, I like the sound of the Duals (2 or 3 channel).

The triple is my least favorite. It always has just sounded like a pile of mud at any volume.

Now this makes me want to try some of the other versions against my Triple. I get some great tones from it, so if the others sound BETTER, then I don't know what I would do lol.

Archived