Korg releases a surprising product

• Members
I am beyond honored. I appreciate it buddy. Now tell me where to send my check!
:)

I might have to get some XLE stickers made for my live gear.

lol friend. My pleasure.

But seriously, if you want some kind of high quality image that you want to turn into stickers, just tell me exactly what you want and I'll do it in Photoshop:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

If it has midi in out and through, im stacking my modules on the right side compartment, throwing a drawbar controller on the left side compartment, give it some water fall keys, and ill use it for all my synth and organ sounds... especially at 700 bucks. oh, but ill need the Roland-style joystick. :)

• Members

Please read the disclaimer at the top of this thread before you continue reading this..

1. Built-in cupholders: one standard, and two 50% smaller [for liquor shot cups]: 1 for keyboardist and 1 for singer [both for keyboardist if he's also the singer. Obviously none for the singer if band has no keyboardist]. The rigidity of the expandable rubber components [double grips] in the mouth of each cupholder provides excellent cup grip regardless of what kind of music is played [other than Death Metal where lab testing failed miserably since synths are not allowed to be used in that kind of music].

2. New in this model: 10 cupholder presets [bank shown on picture]. Note: CH0 is silent when the 3 cupholders or the cups themselves are empty.

3. Because this was a customer request, only two macroKORG SE were made: one for angstwulf [main requester] and the other for afmunderback [lever lover]. We are firm believers in the "one stone two birds" saying. A third unit will be manufactured just in case a 3rd customer will want one [only then will we believe in the "one stone three birds" saying].

4. Not one but two physical controllers can now be used: lever-type for Roland users who don't like Korg products but still use them in anonymity, and joystick-type for everybody else [we decided to make the joystick more accessible than the lever because we don't want McHale to stop buying our products. Apologies to afmunderback].

Note 1: lever & joystick may be used simultaneously by pressing the appropriate LED button [middle one in picture] which will activate both controllers. Perfect for keyboardists who want to play unaltered notes [no pitch, no modulation] by moving the lever far left and the joystick far right simultaneously for unchanged pitch, and all the way up and all the way down simultaneously for unchanged modulation. Disadvantages: possible music mistakes by right hand when more attention is given to left hand to keep the notes' pitch & mod unaltered.

Note 2: we decided not to add pitch & mod wheels because it would defeat the purpose of having the remaining left glovebox. Howerer, the R&D department is studying the possibility of including them, instead, on the underside of the panel, right under the joystick. Permanent "dummy" wheels would have to be placed exactly on the opposite side of the board to insure the unit stays horizontally level when set on a table, stand, etc. When/if such product becomes available, it will be identical to the one pictured below. Just imagine the 2 wheels are under the joystick and two dummy ones on the opposite side.

Thank you angstwulf for your imaginary dollars. We appreciate it very virtually!!!

macrokorgcupholder.png

• Members
by moving the lever far left and the joystick far right simultaneously for unchanged pitch, and all the way up and all the way down simultaneously for unchanged modulation. Disadvantages: possible music mistakes by right hand when more attention is given to left hand to keep the notes' pitch & mod unaltered.

Note 2: we decided not to add pitch & mod wheels because it would defeat the purpose of having the remaining left glovebox. Howerer, the R&D department is studying the possibility of including them, instead, on the underside of the panel, right under the joystick. Permanent "dummy" wheels would have to be placed exactly on the opposite side of the board to insure the unit stays horizontally level when set on a table, stand, etc. When/if such product becomes available, it will be identical to the one pictured below. Just imagine the 2 wheels are under the joystick and two dummy ones on the opposite side.

Thank you
angstwulf
for your imaginary dollars. We appreciate it very virtually!!!

macrokorgcupholder.png

I really appreciate my specialty model...... Perhaps we could make a macroKorg afmunderback Addition, like this one, but with drawbars on the left upper pannel in place of the glove compartment? And a dedicated switch to alter from the synth engine to the organ engine? If Korg did this, they could have all the virtual dollars I have. :p

• 3 months later...
  • Members

by moving the lever far left and the joystick far right simultaneously for unchanged pitch, and all the way up and all the way down simultaneously for unchanged modulation. Disadvantages: possible music mistakes by right hand when more attention is given to left hand to keep the notes' pitch & mod unaltered.

Thank you
angstwulf
for your imaginary dollars. We appreciate it very virtually!!!

macrokorgcupholder.png

It would be great to add M50 pannel on it with it's sequencer, to make a workstation out of it. That would be fun!

Archived