Noise problem with my XXX

Babis

• Members

When I switch to Crunch Channel I got a terrible amount of noise and hum.There must be my loop.When I disconnect the pedals from the loop everything fine.

I use a banch of digitech pedals,wah supplyingpower from the Visual sound one spot.

P.S Is the feedback I get from the amp normal in high volumes??(Master at 5 Volume at 7)

• Members

i use alot of pedals in the loop and never had any problems no matter bout the send/return volume. check your pedals powersupply. on most amps this might create a terrible humm

btw does anyone know how to get the poti-heads off? mine have oxydised and i nwanto to clean them.....???????????

:confused:

• Members

Originally posted by SkyhighRocks

try contact cleaner in the jacks?

do that and make sure they are snug on there as well. I had a loose input on my XXX and it caused all kinds of feedback issues. As far as your feedback issue if your gain is anything above noon it will feedback a lot and even some then. That thing has a lethal amount of gain and without a gate in front to stop it that can be an issue.

• Members

Originally posted by Sordid1

do that and make sure they are snug on there as well. I had a loose input on my XXX and it caused all kinds of feedback issues. As far as your feedback issue if your gain is anything above noon it will feedback a lot and even some then. That thing has a lethal amount of gain and without a gate in front to stop it that can be an issue.

How about putting a noise reduction pedal in the end of the loop??

• Members

Originally posted by Babis

How about putting a noise reduction pedal in the end of the loop??

that will kill all the white noise but will do little to nothing for feedback. As long as you have a good gate putting it up front will kill almost all the noise and take care of any feedback issues.

• Members

Originally posted by Babis

P.S Is the feedback I get from the amp normal in high volumes??(Master at 5 Volume at 7)

I've noticed this also with the XXX i used to play with. It had uncontrollable feedback at practice volumes. Any quiet breaks in the music, and I had to roll off my volume. This is with gain @ 12:30. Didn't matter which channel i used. The crunch and ultra channels both had the same problem.

• Members

Originally posted by cockandball

i use alot of pedals in the loop and never had any problems no matter bout the send/return volume. check your pedals powersupply. on most amps this might create a terrible humm

btw does anyone know how to get the poti-heads off? mine have oxydised and i nwanto to clean them.....???????????

:confused:

HELLO can anybody plz tell me how the hell to get the knobs off without scratching or hurting my little XXX-biatch?

:love:

Archived