Anyone like the cleans on Eric Johnson's "Manhatten"?

-=MYK=-

• Members

The cleans on the G3 dvd are when he used two Fender Deluxes in stereo, split thru a TC Chorus pedal.

The cleans on the album are his earlier rig, which was two Fender Twin heads in stereo. In the studio, however, it could be anything, including direct.
The deluxes sounded cool, but small.
In the 80's when he had those 2 Twin heads thru a Marshall 4X12 in stereo, with the Fender Reverb Tank as well as delay, it was awesome

• Members

I like the cleans on the album version but I haven't really compared the tone to the G3 DVD (only watched it once). Now that you've pointed it out I'll have to compare.

My favorite tones on Venus Isle are the two solos on "When the Sun Meets the Sky". They just flow seemlessly back and forth between clean, neck P'up lead and all out bridge P'up lead. Oh course the playing is stellar too.

• Members
Originally posted by Senor Forum

No, but God I want to.
:(

I got to play 2 of them Alex and it wasnt the religious experience that I thought it would be...

they didnt sound any better than The Two rocks or Fuchs that I have played...

To answer your question Michael, I havent found a tone from EJ that was unpleasing to my ears... Please bear in mind that Im not interested in copping any of them either. Hes easy on the ears for sure....

Kage

Archived