Powerball miked with 421 clip

Darth Balls

• Members

Originally posted by constrict

a bit dark sounding imo, not very punchy for some reason.

here's a take I did on it a while ago just testing out the interface I had gotten and not actually playing it correctly, haha:

emg81 -> powerball -> sm57

kind of weird hearing it in B-standard. haha.

Your PM box is full man and i have been trying t respond since yesterday.

Derek:cool:

• Members
Originally posted by DerekB

I agree its stiff cause of the tighness but to me that is very warm and dark sounding. When I think of cold I usualy associate t with brighter thin tones,

Derek

I get ya. Im thinking cold like dark... Its definitely not tinny sounding at all. Its got plenty of chunk to it. :)

• Members

wow, they really let us go overboard with PM messages don't they? I had 7-messages in my inbox which is apparently full. wtf?
:mad:

You have to get rid of the sent emails as well whch aot of people don't realize.

Derek:cool:

• Members
Originally posted by metalpoida

If that's SS then so is most Blackmore/ 5150 clips i've heard doing Metal.

:rolleyes:

You really feel it that neccessary to defend this amp. Noone is attacking it or saying it sounds bad. But there is a reason for people thinking it has SS qualities. :idea:

• Members

a bit dark sounding imo, not very punchy for some reason.

here's a take I did on it a while ago just testing out the interface I had gotten and not actually playing it correctly, haha:

emg81 -> powerball -> sm57

kind of weird hearing it in B-standard. haha.

that sounds way better, too dry for my taste though. Cool guitar work from around 0:30 s.

• Members

Thanks for listening and for the comments guys. Comparing to the big boys, yeah, this is a very quiet and dark recording. I popped in a Disinter :eek: and Vader :eek: MP3 and was once again reminded of the volume wars and the piercing high end. I have this personal war with treble lately so ...

As far as solid state, I like the SS attack and tightness achieved from boost pedals into high gain amps, and I was going for that sound.

Thanks for the comments DerekB! I think your clip takes the cake actually, the one with Roddy, forth one down from the top on your site:DerekB Roddy Seth. My favorite Powerball clip ever.

My clip was done at TV VOLUMES, so right there vast improvement can be acheived!!! I think that's where the lack of punchiness came in.

The more I brought up the highs on the guitar tracks, the more I brought up what I perceive to be the buzziness of the 421 at about 4.7k, so it was a compromise game for me. I still have much to learn about this recording business.

So then, I will look into added punchiness and highs, thanks for the comments!!!!

Archived