Cab company name suggestions

Joshtruction

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by potaetoes

taxi cabs

+1, you could have a great thing coming.

Yellow or black tolex, and checkered grillcloths similar to this:

salt_pepper.gif

And then make up a logo with the name, something like this:

taxi.gif

"So how'd you get that sound for that song?"

"Easy man, ran my Marshalls through my Taxis"

You'd be rockin'.:D

• Members

hahahahaha tubgirl cabs hahaha

here, add QUAKE...

Earthquake cabs... soudns cool to me.

t3h thund3r0us l0wz 0f 34rth qu4k3 c4bz!!1!:mad:

or maybe just Quake Cabs... Quaketone Cabs... I don't know

those kind of names remind me of vader cabs.

Daisy Cabs? Huh, huh? :thu:

Decap Cabs

Crisis Cabs

Bomber Cabs

The Wrath of a Thousand Suns Cabs?

:D

• Members

Originally posted by godofmetalguita

Conrad is the best on that list, but it doesnt really catch my attention that much, i guess i'd have to see it on a cab with a logo attatched to it to decide. Conrad might be a good name to make a cool logo with.

What do the cabs look like? Post some prototype pics!

I don't really want to do too much with pics yet as they are still in intensive R&D. I keep building, tearing apart, building different, testing, do some math, more testing, tear apart and do it over again.

I will say I am using 3/4" birch, semi slant baffle straight cab, smooth tolex like on mesa cabs, marshall style handles since I find them to be really comfortable, 100% air tight sealed cabs, quality casters, and really undecided on speakers. So far I have tested vintage 30's, legends, texas heats, swamp thang, gt12-75, greenbacks, JBL's, and I have mixed and matched quite a bit of those! It's so hard to decide since it is such a big factor in sound/cab design. I don't want to sell cabs and have people swapping speakers all the time. I want them to be impressed and happy with the sound in the first place.

I also made a custom 3/4 closed back stain wood grain matched alcino blue blonde tweed grill, gold hardware one off cab for a friends dad. It looks REALLY classy. I will see if I can snap a pic or two of that thing.

As for innovation I have been toying with a neat idea new to guitar cabs. Instead of the typical speaker configuration, I shifted them 45%. That way there is a top/bottom, and left/right speaker instead of traditional style. Why might I do this you might ask? Baffle design. Instead of a straight baffle or typical slant baffle I created a 4 peice baffle that is mildly shaped like a 4 sided pyramid. If you look from the top of the pyramid (front of the baffle) it goes across the cab like an X. That spreads the sound in every direction. I am not sure how this is going to work since I am not done building the cab, but if my idea works as planned it should spread sound better than any cab I have played. I also do not want it to go to a point in the middle of the grill so I will make it flat there, and perhaps ad a center port. I need to do some math on that to make it function properly though. Who knows, it may sound great (thats my plan) or it could be a terrible idea. Some R&D will let me know!!!

thats a small skinny of whats going on right now. The cabs are also made 100% in house by hand. No empty cab refinishing here.

• Members

Originally posted by noseminer

Kitchen Kabinets!!!!

OMG SEE WHAT I DID THER......
:idea:

I spelled cabinets with a k to make them start with the same letter.... GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:love::D:):confused::o:(:cry:

then I can make a slogan "Kitchen Kabinets Krank!" and have a bunch of people angy at me for the KKK initials. I am far too tired haha. I am going to bed.

Archived